Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
SENIOR TECHNICIAN – QUALITY ASSURANCE SECTION
- MSc. Degree from a registered and recognized University in any of the following areas of specialization: Analytical Chemistry or Natural Products Chemistry.
- BSc. Degree from a recognized University
- KSCE mean Grade C+ (plus) or equivalent and above.
- Have at least three (3) years relevant work experience in a busy Teaching, Research or a Quality Assurance Laboratory.
- Experience in operating analytical equipment such as LC-MS/MS, GC/MS, FTIR, UV-VIS, HPTLC, XRF will be a desirable advantage.
- Be computer literate.
While reporting to the Director, NPRC Successful candidate will be expected to:
- Oversee the day to day running of the QA laboratories.
- Prepare and review standard operating procedures.
- Ensure proper handling of all samples prior to instrumental analysis.
- Carry out chemical analysis using analytical instruments such as LC-MS/MS, GC/MS, FTIR, UV-VIS, HPTLC, XRF.
- Oversee good laboratory practices in the general laboratory.
- Develop analytical methods for application in natural products analysis.
- Perform data analysis and interpretation of analytical results and ensure correctness of the results.
- Ensure both periodic and routine inspection of laboratory instruments and documentation of certificates from external calibrations.
- Ensure proper documentation of Certificate of analysis and Safety data sheet for chemicals, reagents and products.
- Assist local and international post graduate students and researchers in conducting research.
TERMS OF SERVICE:
A competitive remuneration package which includes basic salary, generous house allowance, and medical cover as per University Scheme will be provided.
The applicants should provide full details of educational and professional qualification, work experience, present post and salary, applicant’s telephone number and e-mail address
Copies of certificates and testimonials should also be enclosed giving the names and addresses of three (3) referees who are conversant with the applicant’s competence in area of specialization.
Applicants should write directly to:
Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Administration)
PO. BOX 43844 – 00100
Applications should be received not later than,
13th July 2022
For details related to job specification and general requirements, kindly visit our website: www.ku.ac.ke
*Kenyatta University is an equal opportunity employer and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
*Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
*Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted