Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The vision of the Wyss Academy for Nature at the University of Bern is to achieve a just and sustainable world in which nature conservation and human well-being reinforce each other. Our goal is to bring together different stakeholders who will research, co-design, and implement innovative solutions to tackle climate change, biodiversity loss, land use change, and rising inequality by connecting technical, social, economic, institutional, and policy innovations at the interface of nature and people. The Wyss Academy comprises four regional hubs, one each in Europe (Switzerland),
South America (Peru), East Africa (Kenya), and Southeast Asia (Laos).
To support the development of the Regional Stewardship Hub East Africa in Kenya, we are seeking a Finance and Operations Officer.
Finance and Operations Officer – Regional Stewardship
Hub East Africa, Kenya (100%)
Start date: 1. September 2022 or at earliest convenience
Location: Nanyuki, Kenya (with national, regional and international travel)
Institution: Wyss Academy for Nature at the University of Bern, Switzerland
Application deadline: 15 July 2022
We are seeking a dynamic and motivated personality that is comfortable working in a growing organization and is passionate about using their finance and operations skills and experience to support actions that benefit both people and nature and supports systems transformations. The
applicant should have solid finance and accounting skills and agility in supporting operations. The successful applicant will perform and manage financial transactions and would be the point person for the hub’s operations. As a key member of the East Africa Hub management team, you will be
reporting to the Hub Director. Your strong interpersonal skills, come with commitment to teamwork and working across disciplines, cultures and with stakeholders at all levels of this international initiative. You should have a strong ability to prioritize and manage multiple processes in a dynamic
• Ensure implementation and maintenance of appropriate financial management, internal controls and accounting procedures and compliance with all necessary organizational policies in line with Kenyan law and the Wyss Academy for Nature (WA).
• Administer and review cash flows, accounts payable, financial plans and hub project budgets; monitor progress and changes; and regularly inform the management team of the organisation’s financial status and related risks.
•Oversee controlling, reporting and annual audit process, including auditor engagement, fulfilment and compliance with auditor requests, and implementation of audit recommendations.
• Oversee risk management, due diligence and administration of contracts, grant agreements and other legally binding arrangements to ensure organisational assets and resources are protected.
• Ensure application and implementation of global WA people & culture policies and oversight of HR administration, social insurances compliance and benefits with external partners.
• Support the organization of travel and logistics, the procurement of goods and services as per the organization’s guidelines.
• Support the development and maintenance of equipment, inventory and assets.
• University degree (BA or higher) in finance, accounting, business administration or another related field.
• Professional experience in management best practices, including knowledge of relevant Kenyan laws, obligations and requirements.
• Proven track record in developing, implementing, and monitoring best practices in financial reporting, internal controls, fraud prevention, and other financial management frameworks.
• Proven track record in shaping and supervising procedures to ensure good governance and compliance.
• An understanding of Human Resources Management – working experience is considered an asset.
• Good working knowledge of information and computer technology, experience with financial management software is considered an asset.
• Strong experience, skillset, and technical understanding of organizational management.
• Fluent oral communication in Kiswahili and fluent written and oral communication in English.
• At least five years of experience in a similar position, including management responsibilities.
• The chance to be part of an organization that develops, tests, and scales up innovative solutions to the most urgent problems of our times.
• An intercultural, multidisciplinary, and dynamic working environment.
• Open-ended local employment by a Swiss Foundation.
• Flexible working hours.
For further information about this position, please see our website or write to the Director of the Regional Stewardship Hub East Africa at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to receiving your application via the online portal no later than 15 July 2022.
Applications must be written in English and include a curriculum vitae. Your cover letter should contain a personal statement with your vision on the subject matter and your related competencies.
The Wyss Academy for Nature values diversity and equal opportunity. We welcome all applications from qualified individuals who meet the required criteria. Dossiers submitted through employment agencies will not be considered.