Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
DATA ASSISTANTS – 2 POSTS
USAID TUJITEGEMEE Program is a five-year program targeting OVC, adolescent girls and young women implemented by AMURT in the coastal region of Kenya. The program seeks to increase use of quality county-led health and social services in the target counties working closely with national and county government structures. USAID -Tujitegemee is implementing America Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) to support accelerated widespread and equitable access to and delivery of safe and effective COVID-19 vaccinations and reduce morbidity and mortality from COVID19, mitigate transmission, and strengthen health systems, including preventing, detecting, and responding to pandemic threats.
Applications are invited for the following vacant positions in the USAID Tujitegemee program.
REF No DATA/ASST/ARPA/07/2022
Reporting to the MEAL Officer, the Data Assistants will be responsible for the day-to-day tracking and reporting of activities under the ARPA-COVID-19 funding. The role includes daily data collection; collation; abstraction; verification of results reported; and analysis. The data assistant under the guidance of the MEAL Officer and APRA Coordinator will put in place systems to ensure timely and quality data for efficient, effective, and evidence-based programing.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform standard data processing tasks including data input, data cleaning and reporting.
- Work closely with county department of health to ensure all clients and the general population are screened at the high-volume facilities for eligibility for COVID-19 vaccination.
- Collect and capture all data in paper and electronic databases as guided, support the vaccination teams and demand creation teams to ensure the COVID-19 Vaccination Assessment Form is completed.
- Work closely with the technical officers and the County Health Promotion Officers to collect and capture all data related to mobilization of the community towards COVID-19 vaccination through media, outreaches and any other social gatherings.
- Work with sub-county, health facilities and community units to anticipate and mitigate on the risks to achievement of the COVID-19 vaccination
- Actively support and participate in weekly, monthly meetings at facility, community level and sub-county level.
- Work with sub-county teams to perform DQAs and provide feedback on data quality.
- Ensure proper storage of data for ease retrieval, be custodian of any hardcopy/soft copy data tools developed to capture COVID-19 data at program level and ensure high standards of safety and confidentiality is maintained.
- Work with facility staff and Sub-County HRIOs to ensure timely entry/capture of COVID-19 data.
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly summaries/reports of data collected to the MEAL Officer and APRA program officer to facilitate donor reporting requirements.
- Any other duties assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma holders in relevant fields; those with higher qualifications and experience in program implementation or research will be highly desirable
- At least one year experience in data collection and research in community and health facility setting.
- Working knowledge of digital data collection and reporting platforms and any COVID-19 databases.
- Excellent analytic and computer skills; skilled in MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as good judgment and vision
- Excellent organizational skills, team work and ability to prioritize tasks in a timely manner
- Sound coordination skills and a demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Demonstrates diplomacy, flexibility, and resourcefulness
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with and in teams.
Terms of Employment.
The successful candidate will be employed on a short-term basis with a possibility of extension subject to availability of funds, satisfactory performance and need for the service. Current Police Clearance Certificate or evidence of application will be required during interviews. Candidates who meet these requirements and are interested should submit their applications, copies of certificates, testimonials and detailed Curriculum Vitae giving details of their current remuneration, names and contact of three referees on or before 14th July 2022 to the following email: email@example.com and indicate the reference number as DATA/ASST/ARPA/07/2022 on the subject line. Interview will be done on a rolling basis and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
“AMURT is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to child safe guarding.”