Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer (MELO)
Division/Department: Grants Acquisition and Management
Location(s): Based in Nairobi with extensive travel to Mombasa and Kilifi
Reporting Relationship: Project Coordinator
type: 3 years fixed term contract
The MEL Officer provides technical assistance in the design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation and learning system for Safe CLICs project in Nairobi, Mombasa and Kilifi counties. The job holder will be responsible for developing and strengthening monitoring, inspection, and evaluation procedures by monitoring all project activities, expenditures, and progress towards achieving the project outputs. The position will manage and ensure timely delivery of project activities and achievement of set targets, milestones, and reporting.
Programme Design and Implementation
- Establish and implement a comprehensive project M&E and knowledge management system to enhance impact monitoring, quality control and evaluation to improve internal processes and results delivery.
- Develop the project monitoring and evaluation plan, indicator reference sheets, trackers, data collection tools, participant databases and oversee quality implementation of M&E activities to meet donor standards
- Support external evaluators and project team in designing and conducting baseline, midterm, endline evaluations any specialized studies to include TOR, sampling methodologies, data collection instruments, analysis and report development and be the main focal point for consultancies
- Monitor and report the status and progress of EVAC Results Framework and Project implementation plan based on EVAC performance indicators as well as budget expenditures
- Conduct process and outcome monitoring to assess quality of activity implementation, routine data quality audits and document field visit reports and action trackers.
- Provide timely feedback to implementation teams from the MEL system findings to enhance effectiveness of program/project implementation and steps needed to achieve desired outcomes.
Partnership capacity building and support
- Support in the needs assessment of partner MEL capacity and design of appropriate processes to ensure skills are developed.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to relevant partners’ staff on MEL processes and activities.
- Document results from capacity building efforts and share with the Project Coordinator and officers.
- Work with Communication and Advocacy Assistant to prepare high quality annual learning products including case studies, success stories, most significant change (MSC)
- Facilitate/Lead quarterly review meetings to discuss progress, challenges and lessons learnt and develop workplans with the project team
- Support project launch, start up and close out workshops to disseminate to stakeholders’ information related to implementation and critical learnings
- Submit progress reports by the deadlines stipulated in the EVAC Grant confirmation letter which will include an updated project milestones and implementation tracker, results tracker and progress narrative.
- Ensure implementation of EVAC evaluation and reviews lessons learned and recommendations.
- Any other duties as maybe assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- 5+ years solid experience in monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning in international non-governmental organizations (NGOs), at least 2 years of working in child centered programs design and implementation.
- Experience working in consortiums/partnership implementation programs
- Computer proficiency in general office and statistical software applications e.g. SPSS, STATA.
- Practical experience in developing real time dashboards e.g. Advanced Excel, PowerBi, Tableau is a must.
- Experience in database management and relevant software e.g. Access, MySQL
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in English and Swahili;
- Demonstrated diplomacy in building relationships and working with diverse cultures and audiences and sensitive situations and subject matter
- Experience in strategic planning approaches – including, needs assessment and programs design, logical framework development, selecting indicators, implementing monitoring plans, coordinating evaluations and data analysis
- Experience in M&E methods and approaches (including quantitative, qualitative and participatory work with children)
- Demonstrated skills in training and M&E capacity development of staff preferred.
- Knowledge and Experience in implementing Child Protection projects/programmes will be added advantage
- Commitment to ChildFund’s overall mission, vision and values including strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion and child safeguarding
- Advanced degree in monitoring and evaluation/project management
- Familiarity with project cycle management
- Organized and able to manage own time under guidance and direction from line-manager
- Strong interpersonal and self-awareness skills
- Ability and willingness to undertake extensive travel in the country
- Well-developed conceptual, critical, analytical thinking and planning skills
- Ability to take Initiative, drive to achieve results, ability to develop effective organizations
- Ability to work effectively with others, adaptive and flexible
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Development Studies, Statistics, or relevant discipline.
Professional Certification in M&E and Project Management
Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
Applications Close Date: Jul 08, 2022
ChildFund International is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position. The position is contingent upon funding.
NOTE: All interested applicants must be authorized to work in the country where the position will be based at the time of application.