Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Title: Project Coordinator
Div/Dept: Programs and Sponsorship
Location: Kenya Country Office
Reporting Relationship: Programs and Sponsorship Director
Reporting to the Programs and Sponsorship Director, the Project Coordinator will be part of a team implementing an Early Childhood Development (ECD) project in Kisumu, Busia, Homabay and Nyamira counties of Kenya. S/he will be responsible and accountable for all aspects of the project including providing the day-to-day oversight in executing the project, identifying, and strengthening relevant partnerships, ensuring timely implementation of planned activities, and contractual compliance. The project coordinator will be responsible for ensuring quality in the collection of routine data and ensuring that all necessary information is well documented and accessible. The Project Coordinator will work closely with the ECD Specialist, Grants Compliance Specialist, Local Partner staff, and other stakeholders on the ground in 4 counties for effective and efficient project implementation. The position is an 8-month contract with a possibility for extension contingent on funding.
Duties/Responsibilities may include:
- Overall project management, including the development and execution of the Detailed Implementation Plans (DIP) and ensuring that the plans are implemented according to approved ChildFund and donor guidelines and that ChildFund procedures and policies are always adhered to and provide technical and administrative support throughout all stages of project processes.
- Leverage existing partnerships with key government ministries and departments at national and district levels (e.g., Health, Education, Social Protection, Children Services…) to complement existing government-led efforts in scaling up Nurturing Care interventions in 4 counties.
- Collaborate with other donor grantees and leverage their presence in the Lake Region Development Bloc by sharing information/experience and technical support to complement each other’s efforts and reduce duplication of resources.
- Proactively engage with communities in 4 proposed target counties to ensure community involvement and sustained commitment to the project.
- Develop, and validate plans with identified local implementing partners and relevant government representatives.
- Lead in the review of existing parenting education training materials from ChildFund and external partners, job aids, and reference resources used by caregivers and adaptation as need be.
- In collaboration with an external evaluator contracted by the donor, support the development of an evaluation plan for the implementation phase including proposed objectives, evaluation questions, child development indicator profiles, data collection tools, and analysis plans to support the measurement of child development outcomes.
- Support in the assessment of existing and potential new implementing partners’ capacity to implement ECD and Nurturing Care interventions in consultation with the 4 proposed county governments.
- Coordinate and lead in the drafting a 36-month implementation plan and budget that will act as a blueprint for promoting Nurturing Care in the identified districts/countries with inputs from representatives from government ministries/departments from all the 4 proposed counties and other stakeholders.
- Conduct stakeholder validation and prioritization workshops with parents, caregivers, and community representatives from the four proposed counties.
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation exercises including field visits and surveys and share information with relevant stakeholders for timely action to achieve results.
- Strengthen key national and county partnerships and civil society agencies through networking and collaboration.
- Timely preparation and submission of quality progress and donor reports that meet ChildFund and donor requirements as stipulated in the contract.
- Document lessons learned and best practices for experience sharing and replication.
- Be alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills necessary for promoting strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and ensure full adherence to the Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering and maintaining an environment of diversity, inclusion, and equity.
- Any other duties relevant to the position as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in either Early Childhood Studies, development studies, education psychology, or any other relevant social sciences.
- A minimum of 5+ years of relevant professional experience in project planning, management, and/or research in early childhood education is required.
- Basic research and data collection skills.
- Demonstrated ability to run high-quality interactive trainings in-person and remotely (virtual).
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate successfully with individuals and teams at all levels, both internal and external.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in team situations.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and meet strict deadlines.
- Practical experience working with local implementing partners.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Professional proficiency in spoken and written English, with demonstrated training and public speaking abilities.
- Knowledge and application of computer skills.
- Practical experience in implementing parenting education programs for caregivers of infants and young children.
- Experience in any of the following sectors: child protection, gender, disabilities, health, nutrition.
Applications Close Date: Jul 08, 2022
ChildFund International is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.