Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
With a base in Nairobi, the role of the HR Analyst for the Group HR office:
- Carries out HR Controller Activities for the Group. Manages the HR Analytics and Reporting for the Group; Tracks and reports on HR Productivity for Subsidiary and group Functions; supports HR Budgeting and OPEX Management for the Group.
- Coordinates the annual HR business planning exercise by partnering with the Subsidiaries and Group HR teams as well as Finance in the process. Tracks, monitors and reports progress and trends according to agreed actions as well as measures of success
- Develops routines for HR budgeting & reporting for the Group, working with the Finance and HR teams to report status according to Group standards, metrics and guidelines.
- Provides administrative support, ensuring the smooth running of the Director’s office through the effective handling of administrative tasks while projecting a professional engagement with all HR stakeholders
The role will require travel to subsidiaries (less than 10% ) in a year.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Develops and promotes internal controls, standards, and processes to ensure accuracy and consistency in mining data used for decision-making, internal/external reporting and communications.
- Understand the Group and Subsidiaries Compensation and Benefit plans, programs and policies and supports program design.
- Provides Subsidiaries and Group Team’s Performance, Productivity and Compensation analytics to the Group Total Rewards Director and Group Director HR Operations as necessary.
- Develops, maintains, and periodically reports on the HR Scorecards and Dashboards
- Leads the preparation of periodic Board Reports in liaison with the subsidiary HR Teams
- Coordinates HR Customer Satisfaction Surveys
- Determines the need and builds budgeting & reporting capacity within the subsidiaries’ HR teams
- Creates internal communication routines on budgeting & reporting so that concepts, metrics, and philosophies are understood. Communicates and interprets rolling estimate results to appropriate level of management providing additional perspective on implications, risk, opportunity and trends.
- Participates in operations meetings (e.g., Subsidiaries & Group HR Operations strategic Planning sessions) to gain an understanding of operating environment and business needs.
- Co-ordinates all HR Leadership team meetings / events / seminars (both on and off site)
- Provide Administrative support to the Group Director HR Operations’ Work Plans, travel and meetings including taking calls, travel arrangements & logistics.
- Manages and oversees the Group Director HR Operations’ diary during absence from office and provides appropriate alerts to urgent issues – escalates or delegates work as appropriate to the relevant stakeholders and as per the Director’s instructions and requirements
- Acts as liaison between the Group Director HR Operations and internal as well as external clients
- Develops & assembles presentations, workbooks or manuals and correspondence as required
- Acts as a central point for key HR Admin processes for the Group (including shared drive disciplines, standard forms & standard processes)
FINANCIAL/ JOB SCOPE IMPACT:
- Develops bottom-up budgets for HR and does monthly monitoring and reporting on overspend/savings.
- Implement measurements to evaluate effectiveness of spend and early warning systems for over expenditure.
- Liaise with stakeholders: Benchmarking and implementing best practices.
- Data / information accuracy
- Process Efficiency (Cycle times), Compliance with Charters of Authority based on internal audit,
- Policy / Procedure compliance
ORGANIZATION IMPACT/ INFLUENCE
Extensive Internal High Level Strategic / Operational Interaction with:
- Group Directors
- Subsidiary HR teams
- Group Finance team
External interaction with:
- Preferred suppliers/vendors
Nature and Purpose of the Interaction:
- Manage HR Director’s office administration and day to day issues
- Communication around reporting & business planning
- Monitoring progress on implementation of business plans
- Staying current on Group HR issues and requirements
- HR Generalist knowledge, with exposure Big Data Analytics, Reporting, Budgeting and project management
- Strong client engagement skills
- Strategic Influencing skills
- Advanced computer skills
- Drives Innovative Business Improvements
- Balances Immediate and Long-Term Priorities
- Delivers Results
- Imports and Exports Good Ideas
- Lives the Equity Values
Minimum: A relevant Finance, Business or Behavioral sciences degree. Ideally, a combination of these degrees or an MBA will be an advantage.