Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
FLIGHT OPERATIONS INSPECTOR (HELICOPTERS) – KCAA SCALE 8 (REF: ASSR/FO/19/22) – 1 POST
Department / Section: Reports To: Flight Operations Chief Inspector Flight Operations
To perform safety inspection and surveillance activities with respect to helicopters in order to ensure compliance with aviation with regulations and safe practices.
Scope of work /duties /responsibilities
- Certificating commercial and general aviation air operators;
- Issuing and/or making recommendations on amendment of the AOC and the associated operations specifications, on the operator’s competence to continue to exercise the privileges of the certificate;
- Participating in Developing and/or reviewing operating regulations, policy, standards, guidelines and procedures;
- Conducting qualification, approval and supervisory activities with respect to personnel proposed as designated check pilots by an operator;
- Conducting evaluation of Flight Simulation Training Device;
- Assessing effectiveness of the operator’s SMS and the level of resources allocated to it;
- Conducting inspections or oversight in accordance with the surveillance programme and applicable standard procedures and instructions;
- Advising operators, in writing, of any significant deficiency and recommending for remedial action;
- Reviewing operator’s pertinent documentation including; operations and training manuals and recommending remedial action;
- Preparing reports on inspection or investigation conducted and complete and process the applicable inspection forms and checklists;
- Carrying out follow-up on inspection reports to ensure that appropriate action has been taken;
- Investigating and reporting possible violations of the Civil Aviation Regulations and legislations;
- Conducting en-route, satellite, line stations and ramp inspections for both local and foreign registered aircraft, including other oversight checks considered necessary at prescribed intervals;
- Issuing exemptions, authorization and approvals to air operators in relation to dangerous goods; and
- Participating in valuation of aircraft lease agreements.
- Commercial pilot’s license (CPL helicopters) with a minimum of 2500 hours.
- Any helicopter rating.
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines will be an added advantage; Aviation Management, Geography, English, Social Science, Physical Science or equivalent qualifications.
- Five (5) years’ work experience as a Pilot.
Knowledge and skills
- Knowledge of relevant ICAO standards and recommended practices, documents and Kenya civil aviation regulations
- Ability to identify non-compliance issues and unsafe practices and to advise operators on remedial actions
- Knowledge of the inspection process, with an ability to diagnose issues and propose improvements in the process.
- Proficiency in office suite and desktop publishing tools
Interested candidates are required to submit their application letters quoting the job reference number on the envelope & application letter and attaching copies of certificates, testimonials and a detailed CV with full contact details of three professional referees to the address below. The applications should be received not later than 19th July 2022.
Details of the job specifications can be obtained from the KCAA website at http://www.kcaa.or.ke
The Kenya Civil Aviation Authority is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates and persons with disabilities (PWDs) are encouraged to apply. Note, persons with disabilities are required to attach a copy of valid NCPWD membership card.
The Director General
Kenya Civil Aviation Authority
Aviation House – JKIA
P.O. Box 30163 – 00100
Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.