Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Kenya Red Cross Society (KRCS) is one of the largest national humanitarian organizations in Kenya. Its mission is to be the leading humanitarian organization in Kenya delivering excellent quality service of preventing and alleviating human suffering.
KRCS works in collaboration with other Red Cross Red Crescent partners, including the Danish Red Cross (DRC); which financially and technically contributes to disaster response and resilience programmes throughout the region.
The Society is looking for a qualified person to fill the following position:
Position Title: Finance and Administrative Assistant
Reporting to: Technically to the Country Finance Officer , Administratively to the Country Manager DRC
Job location: Nairobi, KRCS Headquarters
Kenya Red Cross Society (KRCS) is a strong National Society, in Africa with a strong vision, leadership and competent and qualified staff. KRCS has developed a strong image and is generally considered as one of the strongest humanitarian organisations with a national outlook in Kenya and on that is keen on growth and a key driver in developing and experimenting with new areas and approaches.
Danish Red Cross (DRC) has worked closely with KRCS since 2002. Since 2017, DRC’s key focus has been to build a framework for urban resilience in informal settlements in and around urban cities of Nairobi and Mombasa. DRC is also supporting KRCS’s pursuit to mainstream innovation and MHPSS in its programming.In 2021, DRC developed a Country Strategy for Kenya that guides partnership and portfolio development for DRC in Kenya. The DRC country vision for Kenya is that communities are resilient and empowered to engage and contribute to sustainable and inclusive social and economic development. DRC’s yearly budget in Kenya is approximately 10 million DKK, mainly coming from the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Novo Nordisk and Twinning funds from Danish local branches. The current team in Kenya counts a Country Manager, a Programme Officer,a finance officer and a driver.
The Finance and Administrative assistant will provide administration, Human Resources, logistics and finance support to DRC Kenya Office, with particular focus on supporting the Country Finance Officer in the effective and timely financial management DRC supported programmes in Kenya as well as efficient running of the DRC office in Kenya.
He/she will part of the Kenya Country Office team and will report to the DRC Country Manager (Line Manager), while also maintaining a technical and supervisory reporting line to the Country Finance Officer and Regional Finance Manager.
- Processing the booking of all entries into the accounting system.
- Ensure monthly reporting of country office accounts including reconciliations for petty cash, bank, and intercompany account
- Maintain financial records/documentation and an appropriate and efficient financial filing system according to the filing system / guidelines
- Process Country Office payments
- Support annual audits of Country Office Accounts
- Maintain the CO asset register
- Support the preparation and monitoring of CO Master Budget through a monthly or quarterly budget monitoring/reporting process
- Prepare the quarterly consolidated financial program reports
- Support in quality control of cash requests and quarterly financial statements submitted by partners through the responsible delegates and other staff
- Support in the development of (and adjustments to) financial budgets and reports
- Ensure correct posting of transactions booked to programs
- Advise on program financial and administrative systems and procedures including on corruption, fraud, or misuse of funds
- Periodically undertake field visits to provide on-site support and financial management capacity development
- Support the CFO in close coordination with the Regional Office, HQ and Country Team, the compliant completion/closure of projects, including but not limited to, financial reporting, final external audit, updating of the country project and program portfolio overviews and the recording in the accounting system
- Undertake on a quarterly basis spot checks on the KRCS transactions incurred during the reporting period.
- Administration, HR, and Logistics tasks
- Ensure administrative procedures in the Country Office are up to date, including the financial filing system, vehicle log systems, staff leave among others
- Provide office staff with relevant Administrative and HR tasks support including procurement, organizing meetings and workshops, mission order filling, travel requests support and welcoming and supporting settling in of DRC visitors.
Communication in relation to the tasks
• Day to day communication with the DRC Country Manager
• Day to day communication with the DRC Country Finance Officer
• Coordination and regular communication with the DRC staff in the country office, Regional Office and at HQ
• Communication with the relevant staff of KRCS
• Communication with DRC delegates and visitors to Kenya
•Professional/academic qualification in finance or accounting (min. degree in business studies)
•Professional qualification in finance or accounting (ICPAK)
•Relevant experience of minimum 3 years in finance management and administration
•Experience in preparing budgets, financial reports, and monitoring of budgets
•Those with audit experience will have an added advantage
•Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
•Full proficiency in Microsoft Office and Advanced proficiency in Excel Personal skills:
•Structured and good at planning
•Intercultural competencies, open-mindedness, and patience
•Able to work in a team
•Flexible and adaptable to changing working conditions
•High degree of integrity, pro-active and discretion in personal conduct
•Self-motivated, with good judgement and initiative
•Able to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
•Communication, coordination, networking, and facilitation skills
In line with the DRC vision, strategic priorities, international and country strategy for Kenya:
•Contribute to achieve agreed results as formulated in the Country Strategy Performance Plan
•Country Office and Programmes finance management is efficient and optimal
•Contribute to KRCS-DRC partnership relations in line with the DRC partnership approach
Revision of the job description K
The description of responsibilities and tasks in this job description is indicative. It is the responsibility of the incumbent to be an active and supportive member of the regional team and the Red Cross as such. This means that the incumbent may be asked to take on additional responsibilities and tasks that are not described herein. If the changes in responsibilities and tasks constitute more than 25 % of the working hours over a period, the incumbent or the manager can suggest a revision of the job description.
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply strictly through https://www.redcross.or.ke/careers to reach us not later than 13th July 2022; Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job disclaimer and notification:
Kenya Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge / accept any amount or security deposit from job seekers during the selection process or while inviting candidates for an interview.
Kenya Red Cross Society is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment