Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
PayGo Energy, which launched in 2015, is a technology company that builds hardware and software solutions to help customers access gas conveniently, safely, affordably, and easily. Our technology ensures that customers do not run out of gas. For more information, please log on to http://www.paygoenergy.co
The Accounts Assistant will be responsible for performing financial functions related to the accurate recording, filing, and bookkeeping of a business, organization, or company’s financial operations. Financial data collection, entry, and report generation. Dealing with third parties, such as vendors, customers, and financial institutions.
Primary Responsibilities & Duties Responsibilities
include but are not limited to:
– Daily checking Bank online transactions, posting cheques and reversing
– Daily, weekly, and monthly bank reconciliations.
– Initiating bank transfer instructions for sign off.
– Checking online bank transactions, posting, and reversing returned cheques
– Preparing payment vouchers, imprest, expense claims and upload of
accounting documents on the company accounting system.
– Maintenance of petty cash and prepaid cards.
– Stock asset account – Support the Accountant with Adhoc stock take and
reconciliation of physical stock.
– Manage supplier accounts i.e., Product supplier.
– Fixed Asset Register – in-putting new purchases.
● Accounts Payable
– Timely payment of product supplier to avoid disruption of supply and
– Reconcile monthly suppliers’ statement.
– Ensure all invoices are properly received and booked on Xero after
respective department approves them.
– Observe the credit periods / limits.
– Accurate payment to the suppliers.
– Assist in Monitoring monthly usage of the supplies and advise accordingly. –
Payment when the bills fall due.
– Issuing Purchase Orders on approved quotations for major suppliers.
● Accounts Receivable
– Posting of all sales Invoices and receipts in Xero on daily basis.
– Supporting invoicing procedures.
– Supporting client account reconciliations.
– Accounts receivable report on monthly basis.
– Bank agent for collection of cash, statements, and any other
– Participate in Internal and External Audit.
– Lease agreement and due diligent filling.
• Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Economics, Business Administration, or any
Business relevant field. • CPA and/or CFA an added advantage.
Previous valuable experience may include:
• 2 to 4 years of applicable work experience in accounting
• Familiarity with processing systems
• Ability to handle high volumes of transactions which require more time to process
• Proficient with Microsoft Office
• Experience in the informal sector is an added advantage
Useful Professional Competences
● Demonstrated comfort and fluency with Excel and numbers generally.
● In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
● Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities.
● Good communication and interpersonal skills.JD
● Proper time management
● Flexibility and adaptability to change.
Desired Personal Qualities
● Fluent in spoken and written English and Swahili
● Legal permission to work in Kenya
● Willingness to work in the informal sector
● Must be based in Nairobi, or willing to relocate (no expenses will be
reimbursed for relocation)
** Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. The job title should be the subject of the email. Application deadline is 24th July 2022