Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Department: Project Development Unit
Direct Hierarchy: Project Development Manager
Contract duration: Fixed
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Starting Date: August 2022
Background on ACTED
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context. Their 3,300 staff is committed in to responding to emergencies worldwide, to supporting recovery and rehabilitation, towards sustainable development.
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill the Communications and Advocacy Officer position based in Nairobi.
The candidate will be responsible for operationalizing the regional communication plan, contributing to the development of tools and outputs in line with ACTED’s global and in-country strategy. He/she will act as the main focal point for communication and visibility while in charge of the management, animation, dissemination and development of communication tools, information supports and external and internal visibility operations of ACTED in the Horn of Africa mission – Kenya, Somalia and Uganda. He/she contributes to ACTED’s visibility and communication with external audiences and ensures the preparation and dissemination of the organisation’s messages at the country and global levels, in line with ACTED’s strategy.
He/she works under the close supervision of the Project Development Manager and Coordination Team.
- Structuring and monitoring of editorial and communication processes and procedures: follow-up of monitoring tools, field-to-headquarters and headquarters-to-field procedures, templates, etc;
- Design and editorial development of internal communication media (newsletter, etc.);
- Development and strengthening of communication capacities of field teams: development of tools and multimedia training on internal communication and information, technical support, consulting, co-production, reviews, etc;
- Maintain a database with a continuous selection of photos of operations, sorting, processing and sharing;
- Support program teams for project visibility and donor visibility.
- Identification and/or follow-up of donor or media missions;
- Create content for communication supports online and offline. Document results and best practices including compiling success stories, developing presentations and other communication materials;
- Distill key lessons from projects and develop communications materials. Publish articles to increase the visibility of projects and their results and disseminate communication products, as agreed in the communication strategy;
- Work on increasing the visibility of ACTED operations through organizing media profiles/interviews and submitting articles on our work;
- Develop factsheets outlining ACTED’s capacity and programming for external engagements.
Protection mainstreaming- Promoting of and adhering to Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policy and guidelines (for site residents, ACTED staff, partner agencies, casual labours etc)
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor degree in Communication, Journalism, Marketing or related discipline from a reputable international or Kenya institution (Master’s degree is desirable)
- At least three (5) years’ experience in in the field of communications, knowledge management, and external relations, with proven track record of managing media platforms, producing articles, community management and social insight reporting.
- Strong understanding of the humanitarian and development context in Kenya, Somalia and Uganda;
- Photo & Video production and editing skills;
- Ability to leverage proper marketing across key social media and communication platforms;
- Strong writer and analytical reader, especially for deliverables to be developed for external stakeholders (e.g. donors & partners);
- Ability to travel to ACTED’s areas of operation, as required.
How to apply
Qualified Kenya Nationals with the required skills are invited to submit their applications by 20/7/2022, 05:00PM to email@example.com with the subject line: APPLICATION FOR COMMUNICATIONS AND ADVOCACY OFFICER– NAIROBI accompanied with:
- Curriculum Vitae (Maximum 04 Pages)
- Cover Letter (Maximum 01 Page)
Cover Letter and CV must be shared as a single PDF document i.e with the Cover Letter being on the first page and CV starting on the next page, detailing 03 work referees and their day time contacts. Please do not attach any other documents while sending your application. If required they will be requested at a later stage.
Applications failing to respect the criteria above will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Review of Applications and Shortlisting will be done on rolling basis and ACTED reserves the right to hire before the deadline.
- ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent(s) in connection with recruitment.
ACTED is committed to protecting beneficiaries within our programmes from exploitation and abuse and any kind of misconduct. ACTED has specific policies, including PSEA and Child Protection, which outlines the expected behavior and the responsibility of all staff, beneficiaries, consultants and other stakeholders and has zero tolerance towards misconducts. Any candidate offered a job with ACTED will be expected to sign ACTED’s organizational Policies and Code of Conduct as an annex to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
*ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.*