Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
- Reporting to the Partnerships & Digital Director, the job holder will the role holder will be accountable for overseeing the technical and non-technical operations supporting P&D Customer Segment through operational excellence to drive growth in profitability.
- The role will play a significant role in developing and implementing processes necessary to achieve the organization’s business goals and objectives.
- Put in place standards for interdepartmental service level agreements that will improve the company’s service ratings such as claims TAT and reconciliations.
- Codify the practices for managing partners – including on boarding, retention, remuneration, incentives and performance monitoring.
- Ensure operational efficiency in Claims and Underwriting for partnership and digital customer segment in accordance with established SLAs.
- Manage and collaborate with key internal stakeholders for business and operational efficiency
- Leading and executing the operational strategy of the P&D segment by establishing and enforcing organizational goals, policies and operating procedures.
- Defines annual operating budget for P&D Operations and ensures unit operates at or below budget
- Manage key relationships with clients and intermediaries in the market by ensuring that service to customers and producers meets their expectations.
- Provide effective leadership and direction to the team of claims and underwriting specialists with P&D operations to achieve departmental set KPI’s
- Carry out market intelligence to ensure the company is in tandem with industry trends to ensure profitability across all products.
- Ensure adherence of all regulatory requirements with regards to reinsurance, claims and technical acceptance of risks
- Design and implement operational efficiency processes to drive seamless partner processes
- Delegated Authority: As per the approved Delegated Authority Matrix
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Key Performance Measures
- Drive increase in CSAT and NPS for P&D customer segment and intermediaries
- Drive customer retention rate
- Drive improvement in loss and expense ratio for P&D customer segment
- Drive compliance with various regulatory and contractual and internal policy requirements within operations
- Automation of critical processes in underwriting and claims
- SLA Adherence.
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field. Masters’ Degree is an added advantage
- Professional qualification in Insurance (ACII, FLMI or AIIK)
- 7- 10 years’ experience in a Financial Institution, 3-4 of which should have been in managerial operations role
- Proven experience as an Operations Manager within a Financial Services Industry (Banking and Finance/ Insurance).
- Significant experience in stakeholder management and working with various teams to ensure segment strategies are achieved.
- Knowledge of insurance regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of insurance products
- A deep understanding of leveraging technology and processes to standardise operations, reducing turn-around times on all key business processes.
- A demonstrated track record in optimising operations to enhance the overall partner experience.
Leadership category responsibility framework (Core Competencies)
Change Leaders in Britam need to
- Strategically lead a function to service customers from a sustainable and growing customer base whilst increasing profit;
- Continuously configure and adapt the functional area to most effectively suite the future view of the business;
- Introduce new concepts so that they are adopted appropriately at the right time (manage the rate of change);
- Be in touch with the changing industry, customer needs and international best practice;
- Improve the efficiency of the function by appropriately challenging managers about operational and tactical issues;
- Ensure the function has the most appropriate people capability through effective inspirational leadership, people development, and optimized succession planning;
- Ensure clarity of expectations for individuals in the function and other stakeholders across the group;
- Facilitate functional integration;
- Ensure the development and establishment of appropriate behavior and values (culture) within the function that aligns with the strategic direction and values of the business;
- Co-ordinate between functions and divisions to ensure optimization of the value chain and resources;
- Ensure alignment of strategy, objectives and deliverables within the function;
- Develop innovative partnerships and distribution channels to increase Britam’s market penetration;
- Ensure a seamless experience for clients;
- Appropriately allocate funds and capital to maximize shareholder value;
- Adequately manage operational risk;
- Increase operational efficiency;
- Provide access to accurate and consistent information and services across all channels;
- Improve quality and speed of decision making across the business.
Unposting Date: 17-07-2022