Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Project Officer (PO) – Food Security & Livelihoods –DCA Kenya (Kakuma-Turkana County)
DanChurchAid (DCA)-Kenya is working in Turkana, West Pokot, Baringo, Elgeyo Marakwet, Nyandarua, Nakuru, Busia and Siaya counties with refugees and local communities to enhance peace, livelihoods and resilience. DCA implements projects directly as well as through local partner organizations. For more information on DCA, please visit www.danchurchaid.org.
DCA is seeking to recruit an experienced and energetic Kenyan National for the following position: Project Officer – Food Security & Livelihoods. The incumbent will lead a team of staff in helping communities in creating self-reliance and resilience especially among disaster affected communities as well as lead technical engagements on Food security and Livelihoods with key partners in Kakuma, Kalobeyei and Turkana West. The position is based in Kakuma, Turkana County and reports to the DCA Area Manager based in Kakuma. The position will line manager Food Security and Livelihoods project assistants.
The main responsibilities of the PO are:
- Manage all the DCA direct implemented food/nutritional security and livelihoods activities of projects at the field level. This includes direct implementation and technical support/backstopping of project staff.
- Support and drive innovation initiatives in the area of Livelihoods and Food security, cash-based interventions working closely with the financial inclusion team. These will include private sector & universities partners and related innovation incubation and prototyping.
- Develop project implementation plans and ensure consistent implementation and follow up including budget tracking. The incumbent will also be required to support the day-to-day implementation of assigned DCA interventions at the field level.
- Support ongoing staff capacity building including mentorship and coaching of staff consistent with their staff development plans or identified capacity needs
- Network and coordinate with other field operational I/NGOs, UN Agencies (UNHCR, WFP & FAO) and LGAs and explore/advise on possible areas of collaboration/partnerships to enhance program synergy.
- Facilitate, support and initiate baseline surveys and other assessments and generate relevant reports as well as support concept paper development at the field level as part of DCA fundraising efforts.
- Seek opportunities for programme growth through proposals for funding opportunities
- Facilitate/support collaboration and cross learning among DCA projects & partners through information sharing, exposure visits and active partner participation in DCA platforms/forums.
- Technical representation on Food security and livelihoods forum at the county level
- Facilitate logistical arrangements for DCA staff, consultant field visits and donor visits in consultation with the Area Manager.
- Participate in field project monitoring learning and reflections for purposes of sharing experiences.
- Develop regular progress reports in accordance with DCA internal procedures and perform any other responsibilities as determined and assigned by the Area Manager from time to time.
- University level education in Agriculture, Agriculture Education & Extension, Agronomy or any relevant qualification (a good combination of crop & animal husbandry skills is preferred.), plus at least three years’ experience in project management.
- Technical skills and hands on experience in food security, livelihoods and resilience building programming ((preferably working with dryland farming &/or pastoralists areas – working knowledge of Turkana County is an added advantage).
- Knowledge of the rights-based approach & Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS) is an added advantage.
- Good interpersonal skills and a proven team player. Self-driven and results-orientated in challenging rural working environments.
- Experience in training at field/community level and excellent reporting skills. Excellence in English,
Qualified and interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, religion, or ethnic affiliation are encouraged to apply for this vacancy. Candidates must have the right to work in Kenya.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
The position is initially for one year with possibility of extension. DCA offers a salary package (salary, insurance, and other benefits) in accordance to experience and DCA Kenya HR Manual.
Only applications consisting of the below will be considered:
Cover Letter (max 1 page),
CV (max 3 pages)
Please click on APPLY NOW button at the end of this vacancy announcement to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for applications will be Wednesday 20th July 2022
DCA conducts an anti-terror check as part of the recruitment process. It is a prerequisite that you can pass this check and maintain this status throughout your employment with us. Everyone applying for a job with DCA must be ready to comply with our Staff Policy on Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment and our Child Safeguarding Policy