Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Pharo Foundation (the ‘’Foundation”) is a privately funded entrepreneurial organisation that runs philanthropic programmes as well as a for-profit arm, Pharo Ventures. The Vision of the Foundation is an economically vibrant and
inclusive Africa. The Mission is to achieve the Vision by investing in the human and physical capital of Africa, with a strong focus on job creation.
Established in 2011, the Foundation has been implementing numerous programmes in Ethiopia and Somaliland and is in the process of expanding into Rwanda and Kenya. The strategic pillars of the Foundation are education, health, water, and agriculture. One such example is the large scale water project starting to be implemented in Somaliland with the aim of bringing water to 6,000 households and their livestock. In 2020, the Foundation also established Pharo Ventures, its wholly owned social enterprise arm, with the objectives of economic value and job creation in East Africa.
Pharo Ventures has already embarked on a series of ambitious businesses in Somaliland and Ethiopia in the construction and agro processing sectors and is about to launch its first Kenyan venture.
Headquartered in London, the Foundation has an operational head office in Nairobi, Kenya with country offices in Ethiopia (Addis Ababa and Assosa), Somaliland (Hargeisa), and Rwanda (Kigali) with further expansion plans in Africa.
We are looking for a Senior Communications Coordinator who will work with the communications department to raise the Foundation’s profile and support the overall achievement of our mission and vision. This position is responsible
for coordinating key communications functions for the Foundation, working closely with the Director of Communication and Knowledge Management to develop and execute processes and projects in support of the
The Senior Communications Coordinator must thrive in a fast-paced environment, s/he will quickly comprehend and act on changing priorities when necessary. This position is the senior liaison between the communications department and other field programme staff at the country level. The position holder must be able to tell captivating stories of change, be conversant with new and innovative digital media, s/he must demonstrate superior interpersonal and written communication skills. This position may play a supervisory role as guided by the Head of Department.
There will be a travel component to this position and the opportunity to visit and work with our integrated programmes across the Foundation’s countries of operations.
Role: Senior Communications Coordinator
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Reporting to: Director of Communications and Knowledge Management
Functional Relationships: Communications and Knowledge Management Director, Departmental Heads, and Field Programme staff.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Support implementation of the communications strategy and country communications plans.
• Collect information from programme teams and produce communications content for the internal weekly highlight/media digest, quarterly newsletter, social media platforms.
• Provide technical support to programme teams and other departments in developing communication products and media engagements.
• Ensure adherence to brand guidelines for all publications.
• Track communications activities at the corporate and country-level and follow through on the implementation of communication tasks.
• Support the development and implementation of communication plans for the countries, for specific events and calendar days’ celebrations in line with The Pharo Foundation pillars.
• Coordinate Terms of Reference (TORs) for tasks involving external service providers/supplier engagements to deliver high-quality products and services.
• Review all communication materials to ensure correct messaging and branding in compliance with communication guidelines.
• Coordinate media field visits to showcase the organisation’s work including conducting interviews to gather content.
• Prepare media packs and briefing kits as guided. Content Development and Documentation
• Assist in developing and production of high-impact communications products Information, Education and Communication (IEC) / publicity materials including brochures, fliers, fact sheets, organisational profiles, and posters.
• Produce high-quality stories and ensure the collection of case studies to demonstrate the impact of The Foundation’s work.
• Coordinate the collection of programme news from the countries and package the information for dissemination on various communication channels including the weekly highlight/media digest, quarterly newsletter, social media platforms, among others.
• Build a digital photo library / media bank of high-quality photos representing The Pharo Foundation pillars.
• Ensure repository and updating of all communication documents on a shared folder.
• Conduct media monitoring to track relevant news, events, and activities highlighting the Foundation’s work.
Digital Communications (Web and Social Media Content)
• Coordinate and update creative content for the social media platforms in line with the social media strategy.
• Utilize analytical tools to drive social media engagement and track performance using social media metrics.
• Develop social media plans for calendar days commemorated by the organisation.
• Develop innovative website content and ensure regular updating of the site.
• Boost the organisation’s intranet: Workplace and media bank with content from different thematic areas, photographs, and short videos.
Branding and Events
• Ensure The Pharo Foundation brand guidelines’ consistency and appropriate implementation across all projects.
• Support country project teams and/or procurement in developing proper specifications for communication and branded merchandise.
• Manage selected vendors to ensure developed products are in line with the organisation’s style and brand guidelines.
• Check and ensure quality control by signing off communication work and counterchecking deliveries.
• Develop a branding schedule to keep track of branding tasks and update the same on a monthly basis.
Qualification Requirements (Knowledge and Skills)
• University degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or a related field.
• Minimum experience of 6 years in Public Relations and Communications.
• Demonstrable experience in digital communications including social media platforms.
• Demonstrable experience in web content management systems and blog platforms including WordPress.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Branding experience.
• Basic photography and videography skills.
• Desktop Publishing skills (Adobe Suite and Microsoft Publisher).
• Ability to respond with a high degree of urgency to internal and external needs and dealing with competing priorities.
• Ability to plan and follow on tasks with minimal supervision.
• Demonstrate enthusiasm and positive attitude.
• Take initiative to identify and solve problems.
Due to the expected high volume of applications, we regret that we will only be able to contact shortlisted candidates. Review of applications will begin as soon as they are received, and only complete applications will be reviewed. In the event that an outstanding applicant is identified early in the search process, we reserve the right to appoint before the deadline. For this reason, we encourage interested and suitably qualified candidates to apply at the earliest possible opportunity. If you do not hear from us during this period, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Please send the information listed below, as a single PDF file to the following email address: email@example.com and add the job title ‘Senior Communications Coordinator’ to the email subject line.
1. A detailed CV.
2. Cover Letter. Please state in your cover letter where you heard about this position e.g. through our website, jobs board, etc.
3. An essay of no more than 1,000 words outlining the experience that you have gained that makes you the most qualified candidate for this role.
4. A one-page list of five references with current addresses, phone numbers, and email contacts.