Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Deutsche Welthungerhilfe e.V. is an international NGO dedicated to the vision of a world in which everyone can lead a self-determined life in dignity and justice, free from hunger and poverty. Deutsche Welthungerhilfe e.V. and its partners work with vulnerable communities to achieve sustainable food and nutrition security. We are looking for qualified personnel to fill vacant positions within the organization as below. Duty station will be Tana River Field Office (HOLA):
Livestock Field Officer (1 position)
Objective of the position:
Coordination of Field Activities
Duties and Responsibilities
All duties are carried out in close consultation with the Head of Project and the team members Coordinate Project Implementation related activities of the project/program in the area of operation as followings.
• Provide technical assistance in the areas of agricultural/ livestock productivity
• Stay abreast of new developments in Food Security, Nutrition and Livelihoods and participate actively in related county based technical working groups and forums, and report the deliberations of such meetings to WHH
• Together with the other team members select intervention sites and expansions based on set criteria after consultation with all stakeholders
• Conduct farmer contact meetings and follow up meetings
• Select and recruit model farmers
• Provide training and support to model farmers, farmer field schools, and farmer groups
• Liaise with the Ministry of Agriculture, livestock, Fisheries and Cooperative and other stakeholders
• Implement work plans, budgets, and timelines
• Participate in weekly team meetings
• Asses the training needs of farmers and stakeholders and roll out appropriate training events
• Participate in joint activities with other stakeholders e.g. field days
• Follow-up on the project area monitoring system.
• Compile and document relevant information for collaborative activities and missions
• Design, implements and document meetings, workshops, seminars and other events related to the project’s field activities
• Contributes to the project’s strategic development
• Monitors project progress and provide feed-back to the Head of Project, with the support of and in close cooperation with the Field Coordinator
• Plan Project Implementation related activities and ensure knowledge transfer to staffs, partners including project direct beneficiaries and other stakeholders
• Develop technical concepts, guidelines, manuals, and procedures, which are ready to be applied
• Prepare inputs for reports required for the project
• Develop and maintain contacts with all relevant stakeholders
• Support the Field coordinator in compiling quarterly reports
• Develop comprehensive quarterly reports for accountability and learning
• Support research and study activities, collect and circulate relevant information, disseminate project experiences
• Represent the project and cooperate with government institutions, non-government organizations, and the local community in relevant platforms
• Report all security relevant issues and information to the Security Focal Person and the Head of Project Others
• Coordinate own work with other colleagues in the project team
• Adhere to the WHH/GAA principles & policies as laid down in its constitution and maintain a spirit of cooperation with WHH/GAA staff, other NGOs, project partners, local authorities, etc.
• Any other duties may be assigned as far as these are within the Employee’s capacity.
To qualify as Livestock Production Officer, the candidate must pose the following:
• A minimum of a BSc. Degree in any of the following disciplines: – Animal Science, Animal Production, Livestock production, Agriculture or Agricultural Education and Extension from a recognized Institution.
• At least 2 years of proven experience in provision of livestock extension services in the field.
• A demonstration of practical experience in breed improvement, rangeland seeding, fodder production and preservation.
• Experience working with communities at the grassroots level.
• Knowledge of green livestock production techniques and value chains.
• Excellent Communication and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent community organization skills.
• Knowledge of local language is preferable
• High ethical standards of behavior, good judgment, respect for others, confidentiality and attention to detail coupled with a positive attitude.
• Passionate about the environment, community engagement and sustainable
development particularly green value chains.
• Excellent writing, hands on demonstration and oral presentation skills.
• Energetic, proactive and capable of working independently as well as being an active member of the team
Interested, qualified applicants are encouraged to submit (1) One-page motivation letter
indicating expected salary, language skill and availability, (2) Detailed CV including 3 referees, 2 of which MUST be from previous employment. Submit applications to: email@example.com not later than 12th July 2022 addressed to:
The HR Manager,
Deutsche Welthungerhilfe e.V.,
P.O. Box 38829-00623
• Availability must be immediate.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• Welthungerhilfe is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices neither does it charge any fee for recruitment.