Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Deutsche Welthungerhilfe e.V. is an international NGO dedicated to the vision of a world in which everyone can lead a self-determined life in dignity and justice, free from hunger and poverty. Deutsche Welthungerhilfe e.V. and its partners work with vulnerable communities to achieve sustainable food and nutrition security. We are looking for qualified personnel to fill vacant positions within the organization as below. Duty station will be Tana River Field Office (HOLA):
Nutrition Field Officer (1 Position)
The overall objective of the position is to implement, provide nutrition technical support in strengthening, capacity building of project beneficiairies, nutrition stakeholders and CHVs to effectively integrate, implement, monitor and report on all nutrition technical aspects of WHH projects in assigned areas of Marsabit. S/he will train and mentor CHVs, women of change groups, model farmers, as well as participate in nutrition forums at county, Sub-county level, nutrition assessments, surveys and concept/proposal design processes. S/he will be responsible for MIYCN,BFCI,IMAM activities reporting from project locations to County stakeholders and WHH department leads. The Field officer will work under the supervision of the Head of project and in close collaboration with the sub-county authorities and community level.
SCOPE OF WORK
This position demands the technical knowledge, people centred management skills and the work experience to oversee nutrition activity implementation at project locations and effectively document and report on MIYCN, BFCI and IMAM and other key WHH mainstreamed activities monthly and quarterly basis to key stakeholders for WHH in Tana River County and provide feedback to communities. The role entails active implementation of integtared MIYCN, BFCI and other key nutrition sensitive activities in all targted project areas at sub county levels and in line with nutrition recommendation. The incumbent will oversee successful implementation of nutrition sensitive projects in line with donor funded project areas in the sub-county in close liaison with the CNC, SCNOs and other existing food and nutrition security stakeholders.
Reports to: Head of Project (HoP).
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES :
• Ensure the technical and effective implementation of the MIYCN and BFCI in all project areas
• Mentor and work in collaboration with the health workers implementing
• work in strict collaboration with the nutrition team in planned nutrition education activities
• Participate in the conduction of nutrition assessment, best practice
documentation, surveys, and campaigns
• Improve the provision of quality MIYCN education at the key contact points in the program.
• Participate in the development and execute developed activity work plans based on the program annual work plans.
• Enhance integration of Nutrition activities with other nutrition sensitive sectors and sub-county level.
• Develop technical concepts, guidelines, manuals and procedures, which are ready to be applied.
Responsibility 2: Reporting
• Ensure adherence and reporting of nutrition indicators s as per donor, WHH
requirements and reporting tools.
• Ensure timely reporting in of activities in accordance with set deadlines on a
monthly and quarterly basis.
• In collaboration with MEL Officer, ensure monitoring and evaluation system is fully implemented.
• Support the Head of head of project in compiling quarterly reports as well as develop comprehensive quarterly reports for accountability and learning.
Responsibility 3: Nutrition advocacy
• Participate in nutrition and food security coordination meeting and share action points with Project lead
• Constantly advocate for nutrition activities at grass roots levels through
involvement of CHVs, and other change agents in nutrition activities in liaison
with the SCNO, WHH agriculture officer.
• Participate in marking national calendar events like the WBW, Malezi bora to
• Document and present on best practices in at least 2 key MIYCN components quarterly basis
• Represent the project and cooperate with government institutions, non-
governments organizations and the local community in relevant platforms.
• Staying abreast of new developments in Food Security, Nutrition and Livelihoods and participates actively in related county based technical working groups and forums and reporting the deliberations of such meetings to WHH.
Responsibility 4: Capacity building/Strengthening6
• Strengthen the capacity of CHWs in promotion of MIYCN activities and health education in all project areas and contact points.
• In Liason with WHH agricuulture lead officer, Provide technical assistance in the areas of agricultural productivity.
• Conduct farmer contact meetings and follow up meetings and select and recruit model farmers.
• Assess the training needs of farmers and stakeholders and participate in joint activities with other stakeholders eg field days.
• Provide training and support to model farmers, farmer field schools and farmer groups.
• Liaise with the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Cooperative and other stakeholders from inception, implementation,assessment and evaluations of the project.
• Plan project implementation related activities and ensure knowledge transfer to staff, partners including project direct beneficiaries and other stakeholders.
Responsibility 5: Sub-county activities management
• Develop and execute a joint MIYCN/One health work plan with the SCHMTs based on the WHH/SCHMT annual work plans.
• Together with the other team members select intervention sites and expansions based on set criteria after consultation with stakeholders.
Others Responsibilities :
• Perform any other tasks as required by line manager.
• Report all relevant security issues and information to the Security Focal Person and the Head of Project.
• Develop and maintain contacts with all relevant stakeholders.
To qualify as a Nutrition Field Officer, the candidate must possess the following:
• BSc in Nutrition or related health field from a recognized university
• At least 2 years of progressive practical experience in nutrition specific and nutrition sensitive community field work preferably with an NGO
• Training and facilitation experience
• Experience in implementation of MIYCN in liaison with MoH
• In-depth understanding of rural set ups /development.
• Ability to conduct nutrition trainings that provide farmers with information that can help them improve agricultural productivity and consumption
• Good report and proposal writing skills
• Excellent computer skills
• Community Mobilization skills highly required
• Good communicator with analytical and problem-solving skills
• Knowledge of local language is preferable
Interested, qualified applicants are encouraged to submit (1) One-page motivation letter indicating expected salary, language skill and availability, (2) Detailed CV including 3 referees, 2 of which MUST be from previous employment. Submit applications to:
firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 12th July 2022 addressed to:
The HR Manager,
Deutsche Welthungerhilfe e.V.,
P.O. Box 38829-00623
• Availability must be immediate.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• Welthungerhilfe is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices neither does it charge any fee for recruitment.