Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
POSITION TITLE: IPC SPECIALIST
REPORTS TO: LAB LEAD
The Center for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (Ciheb) — Kenya is a local non-governmental organization collaborating with the Ministry of Health (MoH) and County Health Management Teams to strengthen health systems for improved quality of healthcare in Kenya. Ciheb-Kenya is collaborating with the county governments of Mombasa, Kilifi, Kwale, Taita Taveta, Machakos, Makueni, Kitui, Nairobi, Kisumu, and Migori to support the implementation and expansion of high quality, sustainable, and comprehensive HIV prevention, care, and treatment programs, and expansion of COVID-19 vaccination with funding from the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
The IPC Specialist will oversee the day-to-day planning and implementation of IPC activities within CIHEB-Kenya supported facilities in collaboration with Nairobi City County.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide day-to-day mentorship and technical advice and assistance to facility staff and senior level officials of various collaborating departments and their staff (i.e., hospital directors, doctors, physicians, nurses, social workers). Primary areas include the design and implementation of facility IPC work plans and monitoring systems essential to ensure adequate implementation of IPC activities.
- Conduct routine assessment of healthcare facilities to monitor implementation of IPC policies and practices
- Assist with development of standard operating procedures and reporting mechanisms for IPC
- Conduct trainings for MoH, in-country partners and facility staff on IPC policies and practices using the national IPC curriculum.
- Liaise with the sub-county TB coordinators and sub-county IPC coordinators to supervise and implement IPC in select facilities
- Address inappropriate or inconsistencies in IPC program interventions implemented at the county, sub-county, or facility level; finding relevant solutions and training staff to follow new procedures; s/he analyzes issues to see if there is a pattern and recommending solutions to partners or leadership depending on challenge.
- Collaborate closely with other technical partners that are also working in support of IPC capacity building in the Ministry of Health and county Health department through holding regular IPC forums for best practice sharing and DDIU
- Support the implementation of the monitoring and evaluation for IPC services
- Bachelors in Laboratory Technology /Public Health
- At least three years of experience working with MoH, public health systems, and/or NGOs.
- Knowledge of host country specific health delivery systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
How to Apply:
Kindly send your application that includes a cover letter and an updated CV including names of three professional referees to CIHEBKENYA_Recruitment@cihebkenya.org on or before 21st July 2022. Applicants are advised to include the title “IPC Specialist” on the subject line.
The Center for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (CIHEB)-Kenya is an equal opportunity employer. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.