Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Accounts Receivables Manager SSA| Elephant Healthcare
Location: Nairobi, Kenya – remote
Reports to: Head of Finance – Sub-Saharan Africa
Role type: Full-time permanent, with the possibility of part-time/flexible hours
Salary: Ksh. 250,000 – Ksh.350,000 gross per month (paid in local currency), depending on experience.
Travel: Willing to travel within Kenya and to other countries in sub-Saharan Africa, but based in Nairobi 80% of time
Who are Elephant Healthcare?
Elephant are a health technology company tackling the biggest problems in global healthcare. Founded by doctors in 2018, our team has grown from humble origins to more than 100 people with offices in Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Pakistan and the UK.
Elephant’s platform digitises clinics, connects patients to their health system, and empowers nurses and doctors to deliver care. We believe that technology has the power to transform, and our goal is to create a universal healthcare system, powered by data, that enables personalised, high-quality care for all.
We work hard to live up to our cultural values of kindness, candour, good humour, and respect. We understand that we are a work in progress, but hold each other accountable to these values as we seek to grow together. Our philosophy is ‘team-first’, and so we invest in creating a collaborative environment where every individual can contribute and thrive. Our team is international, composed of people with a huge range of expertise from every walk of life. This diversity is a strength and we welcome applications from all backgrounds.
We are looking for a talented Brand Marketing Associate to join our team and create impact! If you are passionate about a career in Finance, are curious about our mission, want to challenge yourself and grow, keep reading!
(You can also check out our video showing our customer testimonials here)
We are looking for a talented Accounts Receivables Manager with debt collection experience who can actively contribute to our operations. You will be a senior member of the finance team working closely with the various local leadership teams to devise strategic solutions for customer relationships and overseeing a team of local finance staff to implement such solutions.
You will report to our Head of Finance, Sub-Saharan Africa, who is based in Nairobi, Kenya. You will work closely with the rest of the Elephant Finance and Business Development teams.
You will oversee accounts receivables in the Sub-Sahara region, working closely other departments. Our accounting system is Xero and we maintain this daily to enhance visibility of the financial position in each territory.
In particular you will be responsible for –
- Accounts receivable management: coordinating with the country`s financial controller to ensure accurate and timely invoicing to all our clients as per signed contracts.
- Overseeing timely collection of payments as per contractual terms and conditions.
- Enhance relationships between Elephant and Contracted customers through regular engagement.
- Understanding and advising Elephant on client budget and payment cycles, especially in government affiliated contracts.
- Ensure that all the receivables trackers are accurate.
- Negotiating and Interacting with customers in non-payment cases.
- Forecasting weekly, monthly٫ quarterly and annual results and creating reports on the same.
- Ensuring that all accounts receivable procedures are in compliance with legal regulations.
- Implementing debt collection policies and regulations of the company.
- Follow changes and trends in industry niche and related legal regulations.
- 90% of customer invoices are paid by the due date and 100% within 30 days of the due date.
- Submission of invoices and statements by the 1st working day of the month.
Skills, attributes and experience
Our ideal colleague will be an experienced Receivables Manager who is looking for their next challenge. We are looking for someone who can juggle multiple tasks, work to tight deadlines and be comfortable in a remote environment. If this sounds like you, please apply.
Desired attributes include:
- 7+ years of experience of which 3 years must be as a Credit Control / Accounts Receivable Manager
- Experience in national or local government organisations, ideally in the healthcare sector
- The ability to look for strategic solutions and creative thinking
- Excellent experience with accounting software
- An eye for detail along with excellent analytical and presentational skills.
- Strong team management٫ negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Confidentiality, responsibility and strong verbal and communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business or any other applicable course; An accounting certification will be a bonus
- Good working knowledge of MS Office especially Ms Excel and Google Drive/Sheets/Docs.
Salary and benefits
The starting pay is Ksh. 250,000 + gross per month( paid in local currency, depending on experience), depending on experience. Your salary and benefits will grow significantly as the company continues to grow.
Our benefits include:
- We aim to provide all members of our team with flexibility.
- 21 days of holidays (prorated) + public holidays
- Pension contribution
- Medical Insurance
- Continued Learning and Development
Equal Opportunity Employer
Elephant Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer and we are proud to create an environment where everyone can be their best. All qualified applicants will be considered regardless of their age, race, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, genetics or disability. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.