Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About the position
Deputizing the GM – Treasury, Investments & Credit control, the incumbent shall be responsible for supporting the efficient management of the company’s investment portfolio, and treasury function in addition to accountability on the credit granting process, including the consistent application of a credit policy, periodic credit reviews of existing customers, and the assessment of the creditworthiness of potential customers
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Efficiently and actively (day-to-day) managing the company’s entire investments portfolio made up of Government Bonds, Corporate Bonds, Quoted Equities, Non-Quoted Equities, Bank Deposits, Cash at Bank, and Properties and daily reporting on the Company’s daily performance to the GM.
- Actively (day-to-day) participate in bonds and equities trading at the NSE and daily reporting on the Company’s daily performance to the GM
- Actively (day-to-day) managing the company’s Treasury Function and managing liquidity and daily reporting on the Company’s daily performance to the GM.
- Develop and update investment/treasury/credit policies on a regular basis
- Reporting on the Company’s investment performance to the Management, Board Investment Committee, and the Board.
- Generate investment income revenues to meet the set targets.
- Maintain counterparty relationships, accounts, credit/trading limits, and correspondence.
- Maintain external relationships with regulators and market bodies.
- Mobilize funds from premiums collections and other investments to fund the balance sheet.
- Manage to the price of the company liabilities.
Credit Control Function:
- Reconcile debtors sub-ledger to General ledger
- Maintain weekly collections as per approved forecasts and maintain an updated collection report.
- Identify changes in payment patterns and propose action to avert indebtedness
- Provide information for recommending bad debts provision in line with credit policy
- Ensure all Client reconciliation issues are raised with respective departments and sorted out.
- Collect all outstanding debt from customers within the credit control policy and as per set targets.
- Ensure correct weekly debtors reports circulation for debtors and cash inflow forecasts
- Ensure monthly debtors’ statements generation and emailing
- Monitor the actual and projected exposure against the credit limit
- Analyze and reconcile all client statements and circulate them monthly to all stakeholders to facilitate collection.
- Ensure credit policy relevancy, compliance, and adherence (Held, Suspended Accounts)
- Creation of new customer accounts as per policy
- Ensure credit accounts are created only after getting fully approved credit application forms
- Coordinate monthly credit control meetings.
Knowledge, experience, and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, or related fields from a recognized institution.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA- K) or Certified Financial Analyst or its equivalent whether fully/part qualified
- Eight (8) years experience in Treasury & Investments functions out of which 5 years should be at the Head or senior management level in a financial institution.
- Five (5) years of experience in active bonds and equities trading at the NSE
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent decision-making and leadership capabilities
- Customer and Stakeholder management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and within strict deadlines
- Entrepreneurial/Commercial mind-set