Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Lutheran World Federation (LWF) World Service is the humanitarian and development arm of the Federation. The Kenya-Somalia Country Program of the LWF World Service provides assistance and protection to refugees and host communities in Kakuma and Dadaab refugee camps in Kenya and to returnees, IDPs and vulnerable local community members in Kismayu, Somalia.
The Psychosocial Counsellor will develop, implement, and coordinate psychosocial counselling services at the Education Assessment and Resource Center for learners identified or thought to have disabilities that interfere with their ability to perform and participate in daily life activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide assessments through individual and group counselling sessions to learners and children with disabilities.
- Provide comprehensive psychosocial counselling to learners who experience or are exposed to Sexual-Gender Based Violence (SGBV).
- Assist with designing, planning, implementing, as well as facilitation of training for various target groups.
- Facilitate client referral and linkage to further services as appropriate.
- Prepare and submit periodic (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annually and annual) reports of activities, evaluations, recommendations and action plans.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Counselling Psychology or a related field
- Proven experience of minimum 2 years working with humanitarian and development programme.
- Certification and membership to professional body
- An impeccable professional standard of ethics as well as the willingness and ability to implement accountability activities within the LWF World Service essential.
- Excellent computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets, use of internet and email
- Excellent analytical, facilitation and documentation experience with humanitarian programmes.
- Excellent communication skills including influencing negotiation and pragmatism.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; the ability to liaise with a variety of people successfully and effectively in a multicultural set up.
- Ability to work independently with proven hands-on expertise in case management, gender sensitivity, child protection and safeguarding.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
Education Officers, SNE Assessor, Occupational Therapist, Audiologist
Protection Agencies, Implementing Agencies
LWF World Service is an equal opportunity employer, irrespective of gender, race or religious affiliation. Qualified persons with disability and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
LWF World Service adheres to Child protection standards and to internal Child protection Policy. LWF World Service is signatory to the Code of Conduct for humanitarian agencies.
Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect the organization’s commitment to the prevention of abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries.
The closing date for this application is 17th July 2022.
Open to Kenya Nationals only.
Disclosure: The LWF participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme developed by the Steering Committee for Humanitarian Response, which requires LWF to conduct reference checks with prior employers including questions about employee misconduct. By proceeding with this job application, you consent to LWF requesting a Statement of Conduct from previous employers. This Statement of Conduct is requested from previous employers for all candidates for employment and provided to all employers that request it from LWF.