Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About the position
Assists the Laboratory Manager to manage a class F laboratory to ensure achievement of a cost effective and high-quality standards in line with client needs and organizational objectives.
For appointment to this post, a candidate must have;
- Bachelor’s Degree / Higher Diploma / Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences or any other equivalent qualification from an institution recognized by the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board;
- Registration Certificate issued by the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board (KMLTTB)
- Five – Seven (5 -7) years’ progressive working experience in Management Position
- Demonstrated management ability in a Laboratory setting.
- Certificate in computer application skills from a recognized institution.
- Assists the Lab Manager to source, manage, motivate and train laboratory staff to ensure that operational objectives are achieved.
- Assists the Lab Manager in the implementation of service levels and quality standards in accordance with the principles of Good Laboratory Practice, SANAS accreditation requirements, standard operating procedures, turn-around time targets and service level agreements with clients, to ensure that the laboratory is constantly able to deliver a high quality, cost effective and safe service.
- Manages the correct application of quality assurance processes and standard operating procedures in the absence of the lab Manager to ensure corrective actions are taken as required.
- Assists the Lab Manager in accreditation of the laboratory, including preparation for audits, maintenance of current status, document updates and scope of approved tests, to ensure that accreditation is achieved or obtained in line with organizational objectives.
- Assists the Lab Manager to monitor the maintenance and calibration of the equipment used in the laboratory to ensure that it is operating efficiently and providing accurate results. This includes ensuring that instrument maintenance and quality control results are recorded as well as trouble shooting.
- Provides input into evaluation and validations of new equipment and methods to ensure standardization and continuous technological advancement.
- Assists the Lab Manager on asset management and procurement of goods to ensure the most effective utilization of resources, optimization of stock levels and cost containment.
- Assists the Lab Manager in generation of management reports as required to monitor work and performance status of the laboratory and takes corrective action when required.
- In the absence of the Lab Manager he/she performs investigations into and resolve customer complaints to ensure a positive image of the organization by clients and patients and to promote the services of Lancet laboratories.
- In the absence of the Lab Manager he/she monitors in-service training, seminars and participation in continuing professional development (CPD) activities to ensure that laboratory staff continuously update their knowledge and skills as well as comply with professional registration requirements. This includes ensuring the availability of up to date records that can be presented immediately on request thereof.
- Assists in teaching and training of laboratory personnel, interns and students, medical colleagues and associated health workers to ensure that they are competent in various laboratory techniques, processes and systems.
- Calls for lab meetings in the absence of the lab manager
- Adheres to professional conduct requirements in line with organizational policy and relevant professional body ethical standards and monitors compliance of own employees in this regard.
- Performs the role of a medical technologist as required in accordance with operational needs.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications attaching a detailed CV, copies of their certificates and testimonials to Career@lancet.co.ke on or before11.07.2022 latest 5.00 pm