Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
2022-07-05 – 2022-07-12
About the position
Performs and analyses laboratory samples in order to provide results for medical practitioners to diagnose treat and prevent diseases. Assists on other responsibilities like temperature charting, housekeeping, instrument maintenances running IQC/EQA
For appointment to this post, a candidate must have;
- Bachelor’s Degree / Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences or any other equivalent qualification from an institution recognized by the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board;
- Registration Certificate issued by the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board (KMLTTB)
- Certificate in computer application skills from a recognized institution
- Performs diagnostic testing procedure on instrumentation, analyses result in one or more sections of laboratory and interacts with Pathologists on technical matters to provide all relevant data that may pertain to the prevention, diagnosis or treatment of diseases.
- Records, verifies and amend (when required) test results to ensure integrity of test results database on laboratory information system.
- Reports test results via phone or computer entry to ensure timeous dissemination of data required by health and medical professionals.
- Ensures that maintenance and calibration of the equipment used in the laboratory is well conducted efficient and accurate results. This includes ensuring that instrument maintenance and Quality control results are recorded as well as trouble shooting.
- Ensures a safe working environment in accordance with relevant legislation and all safety protocols. This includes the on-going maintenance of Quality control standards, adherence to infection control measures, correct disposal of bio-hazardous waste and project management of the preparation process for internal and external quality control audits
- Ensure that incidents and instrument failures are properly reported to the laboratory Manager thereby ensuring compliance with relevant organizational policy and Laboratory standard operating procedures.
- Attends in-service training and seminars, participates in continuing professional development (CPD) activities to continuously update knowledge and skills as well as comply with professional registration requirements. This includes ensuring the availability of up to date records that can be presented immediately on request thereof.
- Adheres to professional conduct requirements in line with organizational policy and relevant professional body ethical standards. e.g. ensuring that QA standard requirements are met.
- Preparing and ensuring that laboratory meets SANAS Accreditation Standards.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications attaching copies of their certificates and testimonials and send to firstname.lastname@example.org