Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Do you want to work with impact investment? Now you can join Kenya
Climate Ventures as an Investment Manager, support teams and portfolio
companies creating climate resilience in challenging and inspiring markets.
This is a chance to be a part of impact investing sustainable enterprise!
About Kenya Climate Ventures
Kenya Climate Ventures(KCV), http://www.kcv.co.ke, is an impact investment
venture fund, seeking to accelerate access to climate smart solutions by
providing tailored and targeted financial, technical assistance and business
development support to early and growth stage enterprises in Kenya.
We invest in agribusiness, commercial forestry, renewable energy, water, and
waste management sectors, with a focus on small and growing businesses
(SGBs) whose commercial growth and success will have a positive impact on
target markets, communities, and the environment in Kenya.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As an Investment Manager, you will lead deal origination, evaluation and
presentation for investment decision, and contribute to the overall vision and
direction of KCV as a member of the management team. Reporting to the
Chief Executive Officer, the Investment Manager will participate in
development and continuous of the KCV investment strategy and will be
tasked with its execution to ensure KCV’s sustainability and achievement of
the agreed upon growth plans. You will work in liaison with the investment and enterprise development teams to;
• Lead a high performing investments team of Investment Analysts and
• Manage all internal processes of communication and coordination regarding investment opportunities in order to prioritize, build consensus for investments and achieve set goals;
• Source and originate investments, carrying out initial investment appraisal,
due diligence, investment negotiation, value creation and exit strategies;
• Develop and implement effective strategies that enable timely deal
identification, evaluation and execution;
• Manage the due diligence process;
• Coordinate delivery of pre – investment support required by the selected
• Develop propositions, presentations and reports for the Investment
• Deal execution including valuation, structuring and negotiating terms,
management of expert advisors through to completion;
• Document, validate and update with the operational environment and
continuously seek ways to improve and expand reliable pipeline for KCV to
• Develop a system of deriving knowledge and understanding of investors’
appetite relevant to KCV’s portfolio, building relationships and educating
them about KCV portfolio and follow – on investment opportunities;
• Represent KCV during events and conferences and provide thought
leadership in climate lens investing to increase KCV brand/mission
• Identify potential investor networks and corporate/strategic investors within
target industry verticals with the capability to invest; and
• Establish and deepen relationships with venture capital/private equity
Do you have what is takes?
For this role, the qualifications include;
• At least 7 years investments experience in venture capital, private
equity, corporate venturing ideally in an early stage investment fund, in
a financial, commercial or fundraising role, investment professional in an
impact or private equity fund;
• Master’s degree in finance or related field;
• CFA certification is an added advantage;
• Demonstrable understanding of venture investment and end to end
• Over 5 years’ experience in financial analysis and financial modeling.
• Strong analytical skills, including interpreting investment industry
statements, research and operational analysis;
• Strong leadership, influencing and communication skills;
• Entrepreneurial individual with unquestionable integrity.
• Proven experience in industry stakeholders’ management, relationship
building skills with strong networks across sectors including funding
agencies and impact investors;
• Proven experience in managing teams;
• A good understanding of rural and/or financial services markets in
• A strong business perspective, preferably with experience working with
a financial institution or development financing institution;
• Experience with investments within the focus areas of renewable
energy, water, commercial forestry, agribusiness and waste
• Experience investing in enterprises which apply climate lens, gender
lens and/ or refugee lens investment;
• Must possess understanding of climate financing;
• Must possess good understanding of SGBs financing and support,
• Possess excellent command of the English language skills both writing
• Must possess excellent planning, organization and management skills;
• Outstanding organizational skills, including ability to set priorities,
develop work plans towards multiple goals, monitor progress and track
details on information and activities;
• Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills;
• Strong interpersonal skills, with a good aptitude for transparency,
patience and perseverance;
• Experience working in Sub Saharan Africa is an added advantage.
In addition to listed qualifications above, a suitable applicant should be
passionate about driving results in a fast – paced company (and industry),
with a proven ability to work effectively within a team with timely and high
Employment- Full – time employment
Workplace- Nairobi – Kenya, with frequent travel to KCV’s marketsStarting Date- September 2022
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to send their up to date CV with their contact details,details of current and expected remuneration, the names of three referees and a cover letter demonstrating how you meet our requirements firstname.lastname@example.org The email subject should refer to the position being applied for.
Closing date for applications is 30th July 2022. Only short listed candidates
will be contacted. Kenya Climate Ventures is an equal opportunity employer.