Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Do you want to work with impact investment? Now you can join Kenya
Climate Ventures as an Investment Officer, support teams and portfolio
companies creating climate resilience in challenging and inspiring markets.
This is a chance to be a part of impact investing sustainable enterprise!
About Kenya Climate Ventures
Kenya Climate Ventures(KCV), http://www.kcv.co.ke, is an impact investment
venture fund, seeking to accelerate access to climate smart solutions by
providing tailored and targeted financial, technical assistance and business
development support to early and growth stage businesses in Kenya.
We invest in agribusiness, commercial forestry, renewable energy, water, and
waste management sectors, with a focus on small and growing businesses
(SGBs) whose commercial growth and success will have a positive impact on
target markets, communities, and the environment in Kenya.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As an Investment Officer, you will lead deal origination, evaluation and
presentation for investment decision, and contribute to the overall vision and
direction of KCV as a member of the management team. Reporting to the
Investment Manager, the Investment Officer will be assigned to a specific
investment/ financing segment, either early stage investment / financing or
growth stage investment/ financing.
• Lead a team of investment Analysts and review/ evaluate investment
opportunities in order to prioritize, build consensus for investments and
achieve set goals;
• Source and originate deals, coordinating investment appraisal, due
diligence, investment negotiation, value creation and exit strategies;
• Coordinate the due diligence process;
• Prepare propositions, presentations and reports for the Investment
Committee;• Deal execution including valuation, structuring and negotiating terms, management of advisors through to completion;
• Lead assess, document and coordinate delivery of pre – investment support
required by selected investment pipeline.
• Document, validate and update with the operational environment and
continuously seek ways to improve and expand reliable pipeline for KCV to
• Contribute to a system of deriving knowledge and understanding of
investors’ appetite relevant to KCV’s portfolio, building relationships and
educating them about KCV portfolio and followon investment opportunities;
• Identify potential investor networks within target industry verticals with the
capability to invest; and
• Establish and deepen relationships with venture capital/private equity firms
Do you have what is takes?
For this role, the qualifications include;
• 3 – 5 years investments experience in venture capital, private equity,
corporate venturing ideally in an early stage investment fund, in a
financial, commercial or fundraising role, investment professional in an
impact or private equity fund;
• Bachelors degree in Finance or related field
• Master’s degree is an added advantage;
• CFA certification is an added advantage;
• Demonstrable understanding of venture investment and end to end
• Over 3 years’ experience in financial analysis and financial modeling.
• Strong analytical skills, including interpreting investment industry
statements, research and operational analysis;
• A strong business perspective, preferably with experience working in a
financial institution or development financing institution.
• Experience with investments within the focus areas of renewable
energy, water, commercial forestry, agribusiness and waste
• Must possess good understanding of SGBs financing and support,
• Must possess understanding of climate financing.
• Experience with enterprises which apply climate lens, gender lens
and/ or refugee lens investment
• A good understanding of rural and/or financial services markets in Kenya;
• Strong leadership and influencing skills;
• Entrepreneurial individual with unquestionable integrity.
• Proven experience in industry stakeholders’ management, relationship
building skills with strong networks across sectors including funding
agencies and impact investors;
• Possess excellent command of the English language skills both writing
• Must possess excellent planning, organization and management skills;
• Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills, with a good aptitude for and transparency,
patience and perseverance.
• Experience working in Sub Saharan Africa is an added advantage.
In addition to listed qualifications above, a suitable applicant should be
passionate about driving results in a fast – paced company (and industry),
with a proven ability to work effectively within a team, timely and deliver high
Employment – Full – time employment
Workplace – Nairobi – Kenya, with 30% travel
Starting Date – September 2022
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to send their up to date CV with their contact details, details of current and expected remuneration, the names of three referees and a cover letter demonstrating how you meet our requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email subject should refer to the position being applied for.
Closing date for applications is 30th July 2022. Only short listed candidates
will be contacted. Kenya Climate Ventures is an equal opportunity employer.