Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
St Andrew’s, Turi is seeking to appoint a Horse Riding Coordinator who will work closely with a team of staff in both the Prep and Senior Schools in the delivery of a quality riding facility for the School and the wider community. The Horse Riding Coordinator will support the Riding Manager with the line management of the syces and with the delivery of horse riding lessons to students aged 3 to 18 years. The Horse Riding Coordinator would also assist in growing our Horse Riding provision in the School and to promote a positive culture of discourse and high achievement in the co-curricular activities of the School.
We aim to appoint a forward-thinking, visionary and inspirational member of staff who would provide the very best to our students. Prior knowledge and experience in managing syces, timetabling of lessons and preparation of lessons is important to us.
Working at St Andrew’s Turi is an exciting and dynamic experience. We look to recruit committed and resourceful staff, who are looking to not only develop their skills and leadership capacities, but also embrace new experiences and challenges.
There are some things that are essential to working with us:
- The successful candidate will need to be able to support the School’s aims and Christian ethos.
- To provide riding instruction to both Prep and Senior School students during term time, liaising with the Riding Manager on requirements.
- To teach both private and group lessons of varying standards throughout the year.
- To assist the Riding Manager with timetabling of lessons and subsequent communication with all parties who require information about riding such as parents, tutors, and house parents.
- To take part in exercising and schooling the horses and the ponies
- To participate in the provision of the outdoor pursuits program
- To be responsible for reporting any concerns in relation to the facilities and the horses to the Riding Manager
- To comply with the School’s Health and Safety Policy and Procedures.
Knowledge and Experience
- Current certification in horseback riding or equivalent experience
- Experience in organising equestrian events
- Previous experience in teaching horseback riding lessons for both private and group lessons of varying standards and strengths.
- The ability to plan, set goals and objectives, organize and follow-through
- Ability to juggle many responsibilities at once and to operate both independently and with the flexibility to be part of a team.
- Prior supervision of a horse riding programme and ability to deliver lessons. A relevant teaching qualification
- Coaching and teaching of other games would be an added advantage.
- Experience in Stable Management activities
- Experience in preparing horses and ponies and tack for riders and preparation of lessons
- Experience in caring and management of all livestock and equipment including the welfare of the horses.
- Ability to train the Syce personnel
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with parents, students of all ages, management, and other staff
- Well developed problem solving skills
- Self motivated and able to work alone without direction
- Adaptable and flexible with working patterns when required
- Be willing to be a member of a Boarding House Team at Prep School.
- Evidence of being able to lead, manage and be responsible for initiatives/developments
- Experience of arranging events during school term
- Coordinate participation of Turi students in nationwide riding events
- Commitment to the safeguarding and protection of children and to the personal development of our students.
- Understanding of the issues surrounding the safeguarding of children and commitment to child welfare and safety
- Knowledge of KCSIE and safeguarding requirements
- Knowledge of child protection procedures
Terms and Conditions
This is a Horse Riding Coordinator position and pay will be on the main School pay Scale.
- Accommodation: offered in a guest house for the days that one is working (may be shared accommodation)
- Meals: these are provided during term time as a taxable benefit.
- Facilities: extensive recreational facilities are open to use by staff and their families. The onsite Phoenix Club, serving a wide range of food and beverages, acts as a wonderful social hub for the staff community and their families throughout the year.
Hours of work and holiday entitlement
The role is full-time with flexible working hours within the week. The incumbent is expected work weekends and some holidays and is given time off in lieu of this.
St Andrew’s School, Turi is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will undertake their role and responsibilities in accordance with St Andrew’s School’s Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy and Guidelines and will be required to undergo all checks relevant to the post.
Please complete and attach the School’s Application Form.
Closing Date for applications: Saturday 30th July, 2022