Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Claims Department is searching for a qualified professional to take up the post of an Assistant Manager – General Insurance – Motor Section.
The candidate will be required to support the Head of Claims by providing operational support in the Claims Department processes. To process motor insurance claims in a fast, fair, and courteous manner by ensuring that customer satisfaction, company profitability and good corporate image is maintained.
- Appoint and manage performance of service providers
- Process motor claims and ensure that claims are paid within the set TATs
- Resolving customers complaints and disputes swiftly and fairly to guarantee customer satisfaction.
- Approve claims settlement within agreed limits (signing authority)
- Preparing and presenting accurate and timely management reports.
- Examining loss assessment reports and recommending settlement or repudiation
- Assist and manage queries escalated by staff, brokers, clients or service providers to ensure timeous resolution.
- Liaise and visit brokers to build relationships
- Ensure that all the cost containment strategies in motor claims section are adhered to.
- Collaborate with underwriting department on areas or actions that may minimize loss es or risk improvement recommendations
- Escalate poor performing accounts to Head of claims for management
- Preparing claim payment vouchers for clients and service providers & credit notes
- Review claims reserves as per the set guidelines
- Attending to walk in clients and via telephone
- Manage performance of the direct reports
- Bachelor’s degree- In a relevant field, preferably Insurance and Risk Management
- At least 8 years’ experience in general insurance claims with at least five years at supervisory level
- Proven track record of Claims management.
- Have thorough understanding of insurance, claims management, regulatory compliance, and demonstrable commercial acumen
Required professional qualifications
- ACII/ IIK qualification
Application: Visit the Absa career website to apply ( https://www.absa.africa/absaafrica/careers/), applications should be received no later than 14th July 2022. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.