Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job – ForumCiv
Position description for Programme Manager, Wajibu Wetu 100%
ForumCiv is a politically and religiously unaffiliated development cooperation organization with over 183 member organizations from Swedish civil society. Together we work with human and civil rights and facilitate popular participation around the globe. We mediate grants from Sida (the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency) to Swedish organisations cooperating with local partners in 70 countries. ForumCiv also advocates for just and sustainable development. Our work centers on enabling people to organize to claim their rights and take control of their lives; for it is only then that democracy can grow, resources can be distributed more fairly, and poverty can be reduced.
Regional office of Eastern and Southern Africa/Nairobi/Programmes
The Programme Manager leads and oversees the coordination and administration of all aspects of implementation of the Wajibu Wetu programme including designing and planning, Monitoring and Evaluation, staffing, training and controlling of programme activities. The position holds the responsibility of implementing ForumCiv’s frameworks for programme and grant management and capacity development of Wajibu Wetu Programme partners in Kenya under the regional office of Eastern and Southern Africa.
This position reports to the Regional Manager.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishing and upholding systems, routines and procedures for grant management and quality assurance, and for ensuring compliance with external and internal requirements
- Ensuring adequate and systematic use of the IT-systems of Grant management and planning and reporting
- Planning and coordinating the implementation of Wajibu Wetu Programme at the Regional Level, including coordination within ForumCiv’s global organization
- Development of annual budgets and work plans for Wajibu Wetu programme and ensuring efficient and effective implementation of the same
- Ensuring that Wajibu Wetu programme activities are in alignment with programme objectives, on-time and within budget
- Overseeing the documentation of Wajibu Wetu programme activities
- Ensuring that periodic reviews of Wajibu Wetu programme activities are conducted safeguarding the conformity with external and internal requirements and expectations
- Development and implementation of evaluation frameworks for Wajibu Wetu programme, and the institutionalization of findings, lessons learned and areas of improvement
- Develop strategic partnerships to support effective implementation of the Wajibu Wetu programme
- Provide technical support to and closely oversee the programme and overall operational management and delivery results to ensure compliance with internal policies, and Agreements with donor and the partners
- Support the programme team and the Regional Manager in providing a professional platform for networking and partnership building with CSOs partners, donors and other stakeholders
- Advocate for and ensure the development of cross-project linkages and inter-sectoral collaboration with other relevant ForumCiv projects and programmes for mutually reinforcing impact
- Support and contribute to the development of new ideas and implementation of fundraising strategy and plan to mobilize and diversify ForumCiv’s ROESA’s resource base to support the change we seek to achieve
- Prepare and submit timely reports required by HQ, donor and government agencies
- Supervise the Wajibu Wetu programme team members, coordinate and provide organizational development and capacity building to the team
- Support the Management Team to ensure functionally, coherence and spirited teamwork and effective coordination to promote effective management, mentoring, and professional atmosphere and motivation
- Contributing to the annual operational planning at the regional level, ensuring that harmonized and effective working plans are in place in line with global prioritizes, including the global teams
- Contribute to the organisational learning and development of ForumCiv in general, and of the ROESA in particular
- Manage staff under the programme, including responsibility for workplace environment, security, annual development talks, and achievement of the programme and organisational goals
- Responsible for approving of budgets and authorize transactions and costs within the frame of ROESA area of operation in accordance with ForumCiv’s Attestation and Delegation Instructions
- Other tasks delegated by line manager
- Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined Globally and by Regional Office leadership
- Proactively ensure that the team members operate in a secure environment and are aware of safety and security policies
- Master’s degree in social science, Development studies, and/or Management or related degree from recognized university
- Diploma in Project Management will be an added advantage
- Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in grant and programme management within the development sector, preferably from one or several INGOs
- Minimum of 5 years of documented leadership experience
- A strong understanding of the dynamics of the civil society and emerging trends
- A strong understanding of concepts such as Rights-based approach to development, Aid & Development Effectiveness, gender, environment & conflict sensitive programming
- Good knowledge in Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation (PME) and Result Based Management (RBM)
- Extensive experience in result-based management, strategic planning, risk management, change management and capacity development
- Knowledge of the social, political and economic dynamics in the region of Eastern and Southern Africa in general, and in Kenya in particular
- Experience working with quality management approaches, techniques, and principles
- Broad past experience in sub-granting including assessment and quality assurance of project plans and reports
- Good understanding of Financial Management and Internal Control, and experience in managing large programme budgets
- Experience in donor reporting and strategic relations building
- Good knowledge of IT systems and eager to learn
- Excellent judgment and high level of integrity
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent leadership and supervisory skills and ability to foster team spirit, motivate and engage staff
- Strong commitment to democratic and human rights principles and values
- Strong commitment to equal opportunity for all and gender equality
- Self-motivated individual that possesses excellent time management and organisational skills with the ability to coordinate and manage a diverse array of activities and stakeholders
- Ability to independently manage the operational aspects of ongoing activities and serve as liaison between programme management and programme team
- Ability to drive to big picture goals and milestones while valuing and maintaining a strong attention to detail
- Ability to quickly identify and drive to the optimal solution when presented with a series of constraints
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills, relationship building skills and ability to achieve results without direct reporting relationships
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and Kiswahili, and the ability to present a polished, professional, and diplomatic image to all stakeholders
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability for delivering high quality work
- Strong sense of security management and willingness to follow security guidelines and regulations
ForumCiv is working for equal opportunities for all. We encourage qualified applicants regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation, functional ability or ethnic and religious affiliation to apply for the position.
Candidates should submit an application to email@example.com in English, consisting of CV (max 3 pages) and Cover Letter (max 1 pages) including summary of your key qualifications and relevant work experience for the position as Programme Manager. In addition, kindly indicate your current and expected salary in KES. per month. The email subject should read “Programme Manager”
Closing date for receiving the applications will be Monday July 18, 2022.