Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya Business Operations Full time
AZA Finance is the largest non-bank in Africa and an established provider of Payments, FX and Treasury providing cross-border payment solutions which accelerate global access to frontier markets through an innovative infrastructure. By leveraging cutting-edge technology with our proprietary technology, AZA Finance is able to significantly lower the cost and increase the speed of business payments to, from and across frontier markets.
Our API product provides both wholesale currency purchase and retail settlement via our robust API while our Web-Based platform is our B2B over-the-counter product that caters to businesses with wholesale currency needs, especially those paying partners and suppliers.
Licensed by the UK’s FCA and the Bank of Spain, AZA Finance is a market-maker in every major African currency. AZA Finance was founded in 2013 and now has offices in Nairobi, Lagos, London, Luxembourg, Madrid, Kampala, Accra, Durban and Dakar.
As a Planning & Operations Manager, you collaborate across jurisdictions – managing various projects, offices, processes and operations by ensuring they are running efficiently. In addition, you will work alongside the Head of Planning and Operations to develop, implement and oversee execution of strategic projects within the business which might be functional, in collaboration with other departments or company-wide.
You will work with team coordinators, associates and managers to ensure operational procedures and processes are implemented in line with departmental standards, advise where modifications need to be made and develop new policies working with the Head of Planning and Operations. You will also play a crucial role in ensuring the growth and development of direct reports by setting challenging periodic goals, creating long/short term growth plans and working with them to achieve success.
The Planning and Operations Manager is a leader within the team and will model behaviours, standards, communication and company core values while executing their core responsibilities.
1. Events, Special Projects & Knowledge Management:
- Offsites: Pre-planning, data collection, knowledge management, and documentation of meeting outcomes;
- Board Meetings: Collection of board materials, distribution, storage, and knowledge management, if needed;
- Due Diligence/Audit visits: Coordination of due diligence and audit meetings in collaboration with Compliance, Legal, Finance, Information Security, or other concerned departments/parties;
- Team-building sessions: Engage and coordinate team-based and general team building sessions – which may include agenda setting, travel, documentation, and other travel or event management responsibilities;
- Project Management: Managing key departmental and/or organisational projects to achieve expected results,
- Team milestones and celebrations: Set up, review process and ensure the celebration of team milestones and anniversaries according to set policies;
2. Operations & Administration
- Knowledge Management: Manage centralised repository of company policies and documented processes; Work with departmental representatives to ensure they are updated biannually
- Administration: Oversee all administrative processes and manage the day-to-day operational activities to ensure AZA Finance is running effectively and efficiently to meet goals and objectives. These includes:
- Office & Virtual team Management: Oversee set-up and management of all offices in the various jurisdictions, ensure health and safety standards/practices and compliance with ISMS security standards, and ensure the team is supported through remote working;
- IT and Information Security Compliance: Align with ISMS standards and requirements and ensure compliance working with the team as Information Security Delegates. Support the team with troubleshooting IT issues in collaboration with IT Team
- Asset Management: Ensure the maintenance of AZA Finance asset inventory, manage purchases and distribution of company assets according to set policies, and handle asset repairs, replacements, and disposals;
- New Hire Onboarding: Manage the experience and joining process of all new employees to the company (laptop set up, onboarding schedules, training, and test completions, meeting with teams, any additional support required. Identify and continuously seek ways to improve gaps in the onboarding process;
- Knowledge, and Subscription Management: Ensure up-to-date documentation and records of company information, policies, etc on the AZA Knowledge Management Platform (AZA Encyclopaedia)
- Travel: Plan and manage all company travel, including travel, flights, accommodation, visa processes, health requirements, testing, trip itinerary, and other related travel processes;
- Event management: Plan and coordinate Leadership on sites and offsite, Team building and planning meetings, Board meetings, and also team milestone celebrations
- Procurement: Review and manage all company procurement processes along with vendor and supplier relationships.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in a similar role in a fast-paced environment.
- Previous experience in any of the following – Consulting, Corporate Strategy and Development, Project and Program Management, Business Operations
- Previous experience in managing teams, operations or offices and mentoring colleagues is a plus.
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives.
- Knowledge and experience in organisational effectiveness and operations management implementing best practices.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- Budget development and oversight experience
- Excels at operating in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organisation.
- Excellent communications, and stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to work among diverse cultures.
- Creative problem solver with the ability to work independently with minimal guidance.
A bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Business Administration or equivalent training through practical business experience is preferred. A master’s degree in Business Management is desirable.
- Accountable and Reliable
- Analytical, Ambitious, and Driven
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Big Picture, Strategic Mindset, Visionary
- Challenge Status Quo and Embrace Change
- Collaborative and Relationship Building
- Committed and Dedicated
- Detail Oriented & Efficient
- Effective Communications and Team Building
- High Emotional intelligence
- Ability to manage multiple projects and multitask
- Pragmatic and Structured Thinker
- Presence to interact with both executive management and front-line employees
- Prioritisation — set priorities and manage priorities with others
- Self-starter with the ability to influence across functions and the motivation to go above and beyond the task at hand.
- Sense of humour and ability to work while having fun.
- A competitive salary and benefits package.
- Global / regional network/exposure in FinTech / Blockchain industry.
- One of the hottest, fastest scaling startups in Africa.
- Casual work environment.Great work -life balance.
- We value autonomy.
- Opportunity for growth for all employees.
- Opportunity to work hard and play hard.…… and more!!