Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Senior Accountant , Kocela.
Kocela seeks a Senior Accountant, in the Business and Finance unit that will play a key role in Kocela’s financial success. This role requires a highly motivated professional who is excited to make a significant impact in the Fintech space and is comfortable working with senior leaders. Reporting to the Head of Finance, the Senior Accountant will be fully in charge of the Finance department. The senior accountant’s responsibilities include preparing financial reports, performing account reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger, preparing tax returns, assisting with audit preparations, and performing other duties as assigned.
Primary Functions and Responsibilities:
• Supporting Management in development, management, and execution of the overall business strategy.
• Ensuring adherence to financial and accounting policies and procedures (IFRS & GAAP).
• Developing, implementing, and regularly updating budgets and forecasts of the Business Units and Company accurately and within agreed timelines.
• Regularly reviewing budgets and forecasts and reporting on variances to the Management Team.
• Develop monthly consolidated financial calendar and ensure payments are made and received on time.
• Manage the presentation, circulation, filing and archiving of accounting and financial documents as directed by the Head of Finance.
• Establish and maintain sound and transparent accounting and fiscal control procedures and make appropriate recommendations for improvement when necessary.
• Coordinate and consolidate the projection of monthly, quarterly, and annual expenditures, financial reports, and budget forecasts.
• Reduction of cost overheads by enhancing efficiency and identifying cost saving opportunities within departments.
• Month End Accounts Closure.
• Timely month end closing of accounts.
• Monthly reconciliation of all Balance Sheet items.
• Ensure that the financial statements tally with the list of transactions and accounting and financial records.
• Ensuring compliance of the general accounting function, which includes company transactions, cash management/reconciliation of accounts, financial reporting, and balance sheet management.
• Ensuring tax compliancy for Kocela Limited.
• Perform other duties assigned by the supervisor.
• A graduate with a degree in a financial field or closely related.
• Recognized accounting qualification (CPA (K)/Finalist).
• 5 years’ experience in Finance.
• Significant work experience in the Fintech industry.
• Able to develop and recommend financial operational policies and processes for the business.
• Able to take a holistic view of the business with a financial focus.
• Experience in financial modelling and forecasting.
• Prior experience in fundraising for start-ups will be an added advantage.
The ideal candidate should demonstrate the following personal traits:
• Strategic thinking with the vision to drive an innovative Fintech Company.
• Experience in the preparation and management of budgets and cash flows.
• Must be a highly adaptable and a versatile individual, able to handle a dynamic working environment.
• Have strong business acumen and highly developed commercial experience
• High level experience and skills working with stakeholders
• Demonstrate effective time management and organization skills.
• A good understanding of Accounting Systems.
• High attention to detail is essential.
• Advanced Excel and analytical skills.
• Proactive and able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems pro-actively.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should submit a current Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com by 20th July 2022.
Applications are currently accepted on a rolling basis