Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The primary responsibility is to provide financial management services, assurance and monitoring on designated Options’ programmes (FCDO, USAID, Gates Foundation) and will take the lead on programme related financial reporting from Options’ overseas offices and key suppliers.
- Overseeing the financial management of all Options’ programmes. This is a fundamental role ensuring that Options has robust programme, financial and management accounting processes in place, particularly in Options’ overseas offices;
- Interrogating, reconciling and validating the financial returns to ensure they meet the robust requirements before being transferred to Options’ accounting system. The BA will work closely with the overseas Finance Managers to ensure any discrepancies are resolved. The BA will take the lead on any development and capacity building needed for the overseas Finance Managers which will involve overseas travel;
- Preparing financial reports for clients using Options’ reporting standards or client reporting requirements if specified. The BA is the main QA for financial reporting to clients, working closely with the programme teams ensuring reports are reconciled with Options’ accounting system;
- Working closely with the Programmes team to ensure client financial requirements are taken into consideration when setting up the financial management structure of each individual programme;
- Providing advice and QA when budgets are created on a rolling basis for programmes. The BA will need to be able to understand the technical aspects of the programme to add value to the budgeting process.
- Fully qualified, or close to, CCAB accountant;
- Extensive experience managing donor / client funds within international development, understanding the generic financial regulations that are often in place;
- In depth experience of development programme budgeting;
- Experience of implementing USAID compliant financial and reporting process;
- Excellent financial accounting skills with experience preparing statutory accounts as well as donor / client financial reports such USAID, FCDO and Gates Foundation;
- Excellent knowledge of accounting packages and experience with report writing packages. SUN and Vision Q&A would be beneficial;
- A “can do” and team focused approach is vital.
Options offers a comprehensive benefits package.
- To apply, please fill in the form here.
- Closing date for applications is: 17 July 2022.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview. Interviews will be held on a rolling basis.
- Please note that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including criminal record check, identification check, employment references and right to work verification (where appropriate).
- As an equal opportunity employer, Options Consultancy Services is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage or civil partnership. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified candidates from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join Options Consultancy Services.
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
- We seek people who are pro-choice, promote diversity and inclusion, are energetic and enthusiastic about Options’ vision.
- Applicants must have the right to work in the UK, Kenya or Nigeria.