Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Premier Hospital is a tertiary care facility situated in Mombasa City along Links Road in Nyali area. Since its inception in 2017, the hospital has experienced tremendous growth due to its operating philosophy which is anchored on compassion, care and competence. One of our key area of focus is customer experience. Qualified candidates are hereby invited to apply for the following exciting career opportunities.
JOB TITLE: CLINICAL PHARMACIST
JOB LOCATION: PREMIER HOSPITAL
REPORTS TO: CHIEF MEDICAL OFFICER / MEDICAL DIRECTOR
Responsible for providing leadership and management oversight of the pharmacy services department and ensure delivery of quality and efficient pharmacy services in line with the established protocols and the Hospital’s patient care objectives and the licensing board guidelines and policies.
- Ensure compliance with professional and legal practice and standard operating procedures
- Fill prescriptions for inpatients and outpatients
- Attend ward rounds and participate in multidisciplinary patient care.
- Conduct drug utilization reviews
- To serve as an active member and to give professional advice to the Antibiotic Stewardship, Medicines and Therapeutic, Infection Control, and other Advisory Committees
- Undertaking clinical checks on all treatment sheets and prescriptions for suitability of treatment.
- Monitor drug therapy and carry out clinical pharmacy interventions for both in patients and outpatients in liaison with the patient care team.
- Reporting, Monitoring and analysis of medication errors, adverse drug reactions and other quality and patient safety indicators.
- Prepare and submit all monthly, quarterly, and annual reports in line with requirements.
- Carry out medication use counselling and adherence monitoring for patients on chronic treatment.
- Ensure institutional compliance with antibiotic stewardship guidelines restrictions
- Undertake medication reconciliation during patient admission and discharge.
- Participate and supervise staff in sterile compounding, chemotherapy reconstitution and extemporaneous preparations.
- Provide information and education on drugs and medication therapy to patients, healthcare workers and other hospital personnel.
- Conduct continuous professional development sessions for pharmacy staff.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS/ QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy from a recognized institution
- Valid membership and hold a practicing license with the Pharmacy and Poisons Board of Kenya.
- Possesses a valid practicing license from the Pharmacy and Poisons Board of Kenya, which must be available for use by the hospital if needed.
- MBA is an added advantage
- A minimum of two (2) years clinical pharmaceutical experience in a busy hospital.
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS & BEHAVIOURS
- Knowledge of pharmacokinetics, pharmacology, and pharmaceutics
- Stock management skills
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Superior Interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Decision making and judgement skills
- Analytical skills
- Good Leadership skills
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application (cover letter & CV/Resume) quoting the position being applied, your current remuneration, testimonials and full contact details of 3 referees, to email@example.com. The application should be received not later than 5.00pm on 31st July 2022. We shall ONLY accept ONLINE applications and Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.