Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
icipe is a pan-African and non-profit Centre of Excellence for research and development and capacity building in insect science and its applications. Its mission is to help alleviate poverty,
ensure food and nutritional security and improve the overall health status of peoples of the tropics by developing and extending management tools and strategies for harmful and useful arthropods, while preserving the natural resource base through research and capacity building. Since its establishment in 1970, icipe has become a significant contributor to science andinnovation required to meet the health and food security challenges of sub-Saharan Africa. The Centre has achieved this status by developing alternative and environmentally friendly pest and vector management technologies and products that are effective, selective, non-polluting, non-resistance inducing, and are affordableto resource-limited rural and urban communities. icipe is headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya with offices in Ethiopiaand Uganda, a major station on the shores of Lake Victoria, and several other field stations in Kenya. Employingclose to 500 international and national staff, icipe also has
approximately 150 graduate students who contributeto its research portfolio annually. The Centre currently has operations in more than 40 African countries, and thriving partnerships with universities and research organizations across the world. (www.icipe.org)
Please also download icipe’s Vision and Strategy 2021–2025 http://www.icipe.org/system/files_force/about/corporate_publications_files/icipe_Vision_and_Strategy_20 21-2025.pdf
icipe seeks to recruit a Research Assistant II in the Behavioural & Chemical Ecology Unit (BCEU). The position is tenable in Nairobi at icipe Duduville campus. This is a two-year contract, renewable subject to continued position needs, funding for the position, and performance of the staff member. This is a nationally recruited position. A competitive compensation package will be
offered to the right candidate. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Overall Purpose of the Job
To support research activities in BCEU.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
▪ Set up bioassay experiments.
▪ Trap volatiles from living organisms.
▪ Analyse volatiles using chemical ecology methods (e.g. GC-MS).
▪ Extract non-volatiles and analyse by chemical and molecular methods.
▪ Assist in training students, interns and new staff on basic analytical equipment.
▪ Place order for laboratory supplies for the unit.
▪ Collate, analyze data and write reports.
▪ Diploma in Biology or Environmental Sciences. BSc in Chemistry/Biochemistry is an added advantage.
▪ Previous laboratory experience in a chemical ecology Laboratory.
▪ A minimum of 1 year experience, handling insects, working on micro-samples, GC-MS analysis, bioassays, collection of volatiles.
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT (Ref. No. NRS/497/072022)
▪ Strong organizational skills.
▪ Ability to troubleshoot and respond to a dynamic work environment.
▪ Punctuality and willingness to undertake initiatives.
Other Desirable Attributes
▪ Good communication and writing skills.
▪ Effective organizational and analytical problem-solving skills.
▪ Timely collation and organization of data and analyze for manuscript development.
This position reports to the Head of Behavioural & Chemical Ecology Unit (BCEU).
HOW TO APPLY
Applications will be accepted up to 29th July 2022. Interested applicants should submit: (a) a confidential coverletter; (b) detailed CV with names and addresses of 3 referees, including e-mail addresses; and (c) a statement illustrating suitability against the listed qualifications/competencies/abilities, and skills.
Candidates are required to apply online through: http://recruit.icipe.org or by Email: firstname.lastname@example.org icipe is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that valuesgender equity, teamwork, and respect for diversity.