Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Twiga is a B2B e-commerce company that builds fair and reliable markets for agricultural producers, food manufacturers and retailers based on transparency and efficiency. Our mission is to provide affordable access to high quality food and grocery across African cities. Our ambition is to modernize Africa’s urban informal retail by using technology, to aggregate demand and help create an efficient supply chain that makes food and grocery more affordable.
Accounts Clerk Vacancy
Twiga Foods is looking for suitable candidates to fill the position of an Accounts Clerk. the role holder will be accountable for handling documentation within the payables sub-section of the accounting team, including but not limited to receiving, categorizing, matching, filing, queuing and vouching documents. The role holder will also be accountable for facilitating movement of payment related source documents from all operational locations to the central payment desk.
- Responsible for initial receipt of invoices, credit notes, debit notes supplier statements and any other supplier source documentation, from the various operating locations and functions within the business and collating by supplier, by category and by age, for purpose of facilitating approval, posting and prioritization of payments.
- Responsible for managing the main payables inbox and responding to designated queries.
- Responsible for the priorization and sequencing of payments by selectively forwarding due invoices to payments desk for posting and onward for reconciliation.
- Responsible for the dual system of both soft and hard copies for all source documents.
- Responsible for requesting additional or missing documentation to support the payables team.
- Supporting the monthly, quarterly, and annual management reporting with specific emphasis on document vouching.
- Stakeholder Relations Management: Maintain continuous communication with internal and external stakeholder with prompt turn-around to queries regarding payments.
- Document Management: Responsible for the safe and orderly archiving of all payment related documents for the time required to meet audit, legal and tax queries. Key liaison with 3rd party archiving partner.
- Participate in the physical stock taking exercise in conjunction with the wider accounting team weekly /monthly.
- Participate in the business wide Fixed Asset verification exercise on a quarterly basis.
- Participate in interim and final statutory audit, tax audits and any other assessments the business may be engaged in with specific emphasis on vouching.
Minimum Qualifications And Experience
- Fresh graduate with previous experience as Intern/attachment in a busy accounting environment.
- Have a university degree in Business, Economics, or relevant field.
- (CPA-part 1) or ACCA equivalent.
- Ability to communicate information internally and with suppliers, in a clear and concise manner.
Twiga is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We champion equal treatment of all applicants. We care deeply about making Twiga a place where everyone can learn, grow, and have an impact. Twiga does not charge its applicants any fees whatsoever and has not authorized any agent to levy any fees on its behalf. If anyone requests you to make any payment with respect to this application, please report the incident to firstname.lastname@example.org or to our hotline on +254 (0) 709 258 000.