Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
ETHICS OFFICER II, JOB GRADE – EACC “8” (1 POST), REF: EACC/EL/EOII/3
Reporting to the Assistant Director – Ethics Compliance, the job holder is responsible for investigation of ethical violations, ethics enforcement and promotion of good governance in the public sector through law enforcement of Chapter 6 of the Constitution and the Leadership and Integrity Act, 2012.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analysing complaints on breaches of codes of conduct and ethics in relation to state and public officers;
- Conducting investigations on breaches and violations of Chapter 6 of the Constitution and codes of conduct by state and public officers;
- Compiling investigation reports;
- Recommending appropriate action against state and public officers for breach of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya;
- Initiating referrals to Responsible Commissions as provided under the law;
- Undertaking integrity verification under Chapter 6 and relevant integrity laws;
- Initiating in House Alternative Dispute Resolution on ethics matters;
- Supporting cases in court;
- Preparing advisories and cautions on ethics and leadership compliance;
- Offering technical advice on Chapter 6, LIA and relevant laws on ethics and integrity;
- Preparing periodic performance reports and correspondence.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this position, a candidate must have:
- Minimum relevant work experience of five (5) years, two (2) of which should be in law enforcement or ethics compliance;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Public Administration, Law, Governance, Sociology, Audit, Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or any other Social Science degree from a recognised university;
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) minimum Grade C+ or its equivalent from a recognised institution;
- Investigative interviewing skills;
- Knowledge of investigative report writing;
- Relevant postgraduate certification;
- Relevant professional qualifications;
- Analytical, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Certificate in computer application skills;
- Demonstrated integrity and professional competence as reflected in work performance and results.
Certificate in any of the following courses will be an added advantage: governance, ethics and integrity, basic investigations, fraud investigations or criminal investigations from a recognised institution.
Interested candidates who meet the set criteria should complete EACC Form 1 online from https://jobs.integrity.go.ke and attach copies of ID, CV, academic/ professional certificates, and testimonials.
All applications must be made online and will be acknowledged via an email. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
To be considered, applications should be received not later than Thursday, 21st July, 2022 at 5.00 pm.
EACC is an equal opportunity employer. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.