Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
LEGAL OFFICER II, JOB GRADE – EACC “8” (1 POST), REF: EACC/LSAR/LOII/4
Reporting to the Regional Manager – North Rift Regional Office, the jobholder is responsible for the analysis of investigation files and preparation of statutory reports with appropriate recommendations for submission to the Director of Public Prosecutions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Studying and analysing policy framework of other relevant Institutions in Kenya and other jurisdictions and sharing the relevant information appropriately;
- Developing concept papers, speeches, reports, presentations, briefs, legal opinions and other documentation to inform processes and decision making;
- Providing evidence on legal, governance, administrative, policy and other frameworks;
- Evaluating evidence submitted for determination of its sufficiency and recommending appropriate action to the Director of Public Prosecutions;
- Holding/ watching brief in the prosecution of criminal matters touching on anti-corruption and economic crime cases;
- Conducting investigations on corruption and economic crimes to support the fight against corruption and economic crimes;
- Providing legal advice/ opinions to the Commission as required;
- Preparing applications for investigative warrants;
- Assisting in investigations by identifying gaps/ areas in the investigations files for further dealing by investigators.
For appointment as a Legal Officer II, a person must possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum post-admission experience of five (5) years from a reputable organisation;
- Bachelor of Laws from a recognised institution;
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) minimum mean grade of C+ or its equivalent from a recognised institution;
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya with current practicing certificate unless exempted;
- Certificate in computer application skills;
- Demonstrated integrity and professional competence as reflected in work performance and results.
Interested candidates who meet the set criteria should complete EACC Form 1 online from https://jobs.integrity.go.ke and attach copies of ID, CV, academic/ professional certificates, and testimonials.
All applications must be made online and will be acknowledged via an email. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
To be considered, applications should be received not later than Thursday, 21st July, 2022 at 5.00 pm.
EACC is an equal opportunity employer. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.