Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About the Academy
The M-PESA Foundation Academy is a coeducational and fully residential secondary International Baccalaureate World School. The Academy offers both the IB Diploma Programme and the IB Career-Related Programme, and IB Middle Years Programme. Driven by leadership, entrepreneurship, technology and innovation, the Academy serves talented but economically disadvantaged students with demonstrated academic and leadership potential. M-PESA Foundation Academy offers a world class, well rounded learning environment to develop transformative leaders. The Academy places great emphasis on the holistic development of learners not just in academics but also in technology, music, sports, the arts, outdoor pursuits and community service. Learners are exposed to the latest technology as part of the day-to-day teaching and the school prides itself in molding future leaders and entrepreneurs.
The M-PESA Foundation Academy is seeking to recruit dynamic and visionary individuals with exceptional leadership skills, who are already experienced.
IB Economics Teacher – Full Time
Please read the job description before you apply for the position. Only those who meet the criteria set in the job description will be shortlisted for interviews.
The JD is standard for all IB Educator (Teaching Roles)
Planning and Delivery
• To prepare and deliver high quality lessons in line with the IB (International Baccalaureate) and school’s vision and mission.
• To collaboratively develop unit and lesson plans for the IB curriculum
• To ensure students acquire excellent knowledge and skills so that they make progress, achieve their targets and are prepared for the next stage of their careers
• Produce documents such as Unit plans, Records of Work, Course outlines, class analysis etc
• Differentiate lessons in order to match learners’ needs
• Deliver lessons that incorporate IT, active learning strategies and assessment for, as, and of learning
• Set meaningful home learning, mostly using the FLIPPED learning approach
• Contribute and participate in intervention programmes
• Assess work using a range of assessment techniques
• Develop assessments in line with IB programme expectations
• Provide effective verbal and written feedback to learners in good time
• Contribute to setting and moderating formative and summative assessments inline with IB expectations
• Analyse learners’ progress to inform future teaching and intervention
• Produce academic progress reports
• Administer examinations effectively
• Manage teaching time through punctual and consistent attendance and observance of school timetable
• Manage students’ behaviour in the classroom, on school premises and on trips
• Utilize resources efficiently to enable effective outcomes
• Use Academy Learning management system such as ManageBac effectively
• Develop and maintain a stimulating teaching environment.
Other Professional Responsibilities
• Undertake pastoral duties, including that of a homeroom tutor so students are adequately supported through their school journey
• Participate in, organise and guide co-curricular and life skills activities
• Support the core of individual IB Programmes such as CAS, SL, SA, PP, EE, RP, TOK, PPS, and LD.
• Actively contribute to department engagements and pastoral responsibilities
• Take ownership of own professional development and participate in CPD provided by the Academy
• Establish and maintain collaborative working relationships and relevant liaison and communication with staff and other stakeholders
• Attend to duties assigned
• To undertake any other additional tasks as may be reasonably required by the Head of Department, Programme Coordinators, Head of IB Programmes and Director of Studies.
• Contribute to the development of whole school culture
• Set objectives in line with the school’s appraisal system
• Maintain a vibrant and rich professional portfolio tracking individual progress.
Adherence to the following policies and documents:
• Academic Integrity Policy
• Language Policy
• Admissions Policy
• Access and Inclusion Policy
• Assessment Policy
• Timetable Policy
• Child Safeguarding and Protection Policy
• Staff Manual
• Bachelor’s degree in Education
• Must have at least CAT 1 IB qualification
• Must be TSC registered
• At least 5 years teaching experience or equivalent in a comparable institution
• Ability to foster a supportive environment for learners and educators to realize their full potential and willingness to work collaboratively
• Ability to maintain professionalism in all areas
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; and
• Demonstrable planning and organization skills and ability
Send your application letter and CV as one document to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Thursday 22nd July, 2022 stating clearly on the email subject line The job title and reference of the position you are applying for. E.g. IB Economics Teacher
Please note, only soft copy/ email applications to the address provided will be accepted.
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us by 31st July, 2022 consider your application unsuccessful.
NOTE: MPESA FOUNDATION ACADEMY DOES NOT CHARGE RECRUITMENT FEES