Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
ADVERTISEMENT: EXECUTIVE SUPPORT COORDINATOR (RE-ADVERTISEMENT)
The Executive Support Coordinator (ESC) will provides executive support to the Country Director and the SLT. Save the Children Kenya & Madagascar Office is going through a pivotal moment over the CSP period 2022 – 2024. During this period, the Kenya Office will be working towards growing its presence as a local actor in the development space whilst spearheading innovative approaches through digital interventions with new and novel local actors as well as the Government. The intent for Madagascar is to grow the portfolio and programme to the size of a fully-fledged country office by 2024.
The Executive Support Coordinator will have an immediate impact on the productivity of the SMT and will play a key role in creating the space needed by the Country Director and SMT to focus on high-level strategic initiatives. The ESC will manage the calendar of the CD to include external engagements with key partners (Donors, Local Partners, Board Members, Government ministries etc.). The ESC will maintain the Management Action Plan and provide the coordination support needed to keep actions logged and tracked on a timely basis. In addition, the post-holder will work alongside and take responsibility for specific projects as defined by the CD.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
Advocacy and Communications
- The ESC will manage the calendar of the Country Director to include external engagements with key partners (Donors, Local Partners, Board Members, Government ministries etc.)
- Take a lead role in organizing the logistical arrangements for meetings, receptions, travel and other events involving the Country Director, in liaison with other departments as required. This will include taking full responsibility for scheduling timings and venues, communicating arrangements to partners and SC staff, organizing transport, booking facilities and hiring service providers as required.
- Maintaining the annual country office calendar including all key processes as well as field office travel schedules for the senior leadership team.
- Maintaining the Management Action Plan (Tracker) and ensuring that the deadlines are tracked and followed up.
- Preparation of draft monthly and quarterly Country Director reports to the Regional Office for Country Director approval
- Supporting SMT and board meetings, developing the agenda and materials as needed and ensuring that action plans are tracked, followed up and reported back to the following meetings; working with colleagues to ensure the monitoring and dissemination of the annual calendar for these and related management meetings.
- Attend to and monitor urgent enquiries and issues, ensuring that they are brought to the Country Director’s attention and, where relevant, referring matters on to appropriate staff for response.
- Identify appropriate opportunities with external and internal stakeholders to ensure CD’s visibility and accessibility, working with relevant departments where necessary.
- Maintaining and ensuring that key country office information (CSP, Maps, Organograms etc.) is accurate, summarized, and is in a format to share with external parties, new board members and staff.
- Reviewing all the letters, contracts, Memos before Country Director Approval.
- Review of NAF budget request before the Country Director approvals to check on the availability of the funds.
- Maintain an effective and confidential filing system for the Country Director including preparing replies to routine and basic correspondence on behalf of the Country Director.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Country Director.
Contract Duration: 2 Years
Number of Vacancies: 1
Work Location: Nairobi
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Education to degree level (Bachelor’s degree)
- 5 years’ experience in similar role or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of working in the humanitarian or development sector for an international NGO
- Experience of working in large diverse teams with colleagues from many cultures backgrounds
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills.
- Strong project reporting skills with a focus on interdepartmental communication.
- Confident in dealing with large groups of people and with senior level staff, visitors and partners
- Experience of dealing with complex diary and international travel arrangements.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Professional manner and approach to work.
- Attention to detail and high quality work.
- Appropriate levels of confidentiality and ability to ensure these levels are maintained.
- Eagerness to take on new and complex work packages.
- Competent in use of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Commitment to Save the Children’s aims, values and principles including willingness to abide by and enforce the Child Safeguarding policy.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best-qualified talent.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Closing Date: 25 Jul 2022 – 23:59 EAT
Female Candidates are encouraged to apply.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process, nor request for medical examination or records and does not act through recruitment agents whatsoever.
You must be logged in to post a comment.