Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
These jobs are found in Headquarters (HQ), Regional Bureaux (RBs) or Country Offices (COs) and report to a more senior Supply Chain Officer or Deputy Division/Country Director. Job holders at this grade level demonstrate adaptive capacities in effective supply chain management and make significant independent contributions to the planning and development of operating policies and procedures. Job holders are expected to manage and complete projects or assignments of a major nature achieving effective outputs. Job holders typically anchor a substantive team consisting of professional and support staff ensuring
high performance and development.
To provide specialist advice, analytics and contributions to integrated supply chain operations at HQ/RB/CO level, or manage field supply chain operations to ensure an effective and integrated supply chain approach meeting the food assistance needs of beneficiaries and service provision requirements for partners.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Establish reports based on logistics movements and distribute them according to requirements and prepare/maintain transport information for reporting purposes.
- Define logistics / warehouse management strategy within the WFP policies and procedures and ensure effective integration of supply chain operations at the port and warehouses. Strong cold chain experience is desirable .
- Advise on logistics management and structures and staffing levels to ensure that they are always adequate to meet the requirements of the logistics strategy.
- Manage own warehouse and third parties, checking procedures are strictly followed, coordinate with superintendent / Labour and Clearance Agents for imports / exports for foods and non-foods items / commodities and make sure quality controls are done prior to dispatches, loadings and unloading.
- Follow and guide fumigation companies about implementation of their scope of work and evaluation of their performance.
- Manage monthly physical stocks counting, operations including all logistics assets in order to ensure timely and cost-effective delivery of WFP cargoes
- Identify, mobilise resources, implement and report on special logistics operations
- Ensure the integrity of transport information and communication from shipping, transport units and warehouse teams including commodity tracking in WFP standard systems
- Coordinate logistics, port operation, warehouse management support services in the area of assignment. collect information and conduct market surveys for logistics services (transport, warehousing, Fumigation, …etc to assist CO in awarding competitive and cost-efficient service providers)
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives
- Ensure that accurate and complete accounting, reporting and internal control systems are functioning and that all relevant records are maintained
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (cont’d)
- Implement operational warehouse procedures and normative guidance in order to manage WFP’s warehouse in accordance to WFP guidelines and RFQs
- In the event of food safety incidents, support investigation exercises to enable lessons learned to be documented and shared, to reduce re-occurrence of the incident.
- Prepare evidenced based recommendations for head of the office on tools to enable rapid response to the situations with food safety concerns
- Prepare evidenced based recommendations for senior staff on control measures to combat and reduce food commodity losses and food quality and safety issues.
- Provide trainings to WFP staff and external stakeholders on the key areas, such as quality control, food processing, loss prevention and mitigation, to build local capacity.
- Ensure adequate logistics preparedness through contingency planning and continuous logistics preparedness reviews
- Plan and lead on implementation of innovative logistics operations, initiatives and programs to ensure timely, efficient and cost-effective supply of direct or indirect food assistance
- Ensure that all staff are adequately trained, and identify any additional training needs to achieve high working standards
- Coordinate and provide logistics support to on-going air, land, sea, or rail operations in the region.
- Build productive relationships and partnerships with counterparts in UN agencies, NGOs, governments and the private sector to enhance WFP capacity.
- Provide support to the logistics team in other field and sub-offices
- Lead, supervise and motivate WFP staff providing coaching, training and guidance as required to ensure appropriate development and enable high performance.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced University degree preferably in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Economics, Business Administration, Logistics, or other related field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
Experience: Experience in warehouse managerial/supervisory role, with progressively increasing responsibilities in the warehouse operations.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Utilizes understanding of WFP’s Strategic Objectives to communicate linkages to team objectives and work.
- Be a force for positive change: Proactively identifies and develops new methods or improvements for self and immediate team to address work challenges within own work area.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Identifies opportunities to further align individual contributions with WFP’s mission of making an impact on local communities.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Helps colleagues to see the link between their individual tasks and the contributions of their unit’s goals to the broader context of WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Is able to identify, support and encourage focused on-the-job learning opportunities to address gaps between current skillsets and needed future skillsets for WFP.
- Create an inclusive culture: Recognizes the contributions of teammates, and encourages contributions from culturally different team mates to recognise the value of diversity above and beyond just including it in programming for beneficiaries.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Provides and solicits ongoing constructive feedback on strengths and development opportunities to help develop individual skills, whilst also helping others identify areas for improvement.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Sets clear targets for self and others to focus team efforts in ambiguous situations (e.g., unprecedented issues and/or scenarios).
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Thinks beyond team’s conventional approaches to formulate creative methods for delivering food aid and assistance to beneficiaries.
- Focus on getting results: Maintains focus on achieving individual results in the face of obstacles such as volatile or fragile environments and/or organizational roadblocks.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes personal accountability for upholding and delivering upon team’s commitments and provides assurance to stakeholders.
- Be Decisive: Demonstrates ability to adjust to team’s plans and priorities to optimize outcomes in light of evolving directives, while also responding quickly in high-pressure environments, such as in emergency settings.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Demonstrates an understanding of when and how to tactfully engage other units in conversations on impact, timing, or planning.
- Build strong external partnerships: Networks regularly with key external partners using formal and informal opportunities to understand each partner’s unique value proposition, and to build and strengthen relationships.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Demonstrates ability to adapt engagement approach in the context of evolving partner circumstances and expectations.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Demonstrates ability to articulate to internal and external audiences the value that individual contributions and immediate teams bring to partnerships.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Supply Chain Strategy||Demonstrates robust understanding of supply chain strategies. Conducts analytical
and conceptual work in support of strategy design and implementation.
Operationalizes strategies in own area of responsibility.
|Supply Chain Planning||Leads supply chain planning within area of operations managed. Oversees and
coordinates periodic planning across functions and with partners. Ensures consensusbased
plans are in place and aligned with strategy.
|Supply Chain & Networks
|Manages end-to-end supply chain within area of operations. Leads the design and
implementation of supply chain, retail and partnership networks. Oversees and
coordinates integrated delivery of supply chain services.
|Supply Chain Capacity
|Leads design and implementation of supply chain capacity strengthening initiatives
within area of operations managed. Leverages WFP’s supply chain capacities and
networks to strengthen national value chains and stakeholders.
|Supply Chain Performance &
|Leads continuous supply chain improvement and innovation initiatives within area of
operations managed. Defines operational performance targets, monitors
performance, anticipates and mitigates risks for timely corrective actions.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Experience in managing an area of supply chain operations including coordination with internal and external stakeholders;
• Experience in implementing operational supply chain strategies in a country;
• Experience in designing and implementing supply chain, retail and partnership networks;
• Experience in managing relationships and national capacity building initiatives with UN agencies, NGOs, private sector and/or government organizations;
• Experience evaluating and selecting service providers and/or suppliers;
• Experience identifying operational risks and maintaining documentation on emergency preparedness;
• Experience in implementing approved corrective actions to improve performance and monitoring progress;
• Experience supervising professional staff.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- The World Food Programme DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.
- WFP embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that celebrates diversity and inclusivity in all ways.
- All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications and merit.
- Applicants profile MUST match the C.V attached. Any discrepancies between the C.V and the profile will lead to automatic disqualification
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Deadline for applications is 20 July 2022.
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.