Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Action Against Hunger-USA is part of the Action Against Hunger International network, which provides humanitarian relief in over 40 countries worldwide in the sectors of nutrition, health, water/sanitation, and food security. Action Against Hunger-USA, an independent NGO, currently manages operations in 8 countries: Kenya, South Sudan, Haiti, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Somalia. Action Against Hunger-USA has over $70 million in programs, and approximately 1700 staff based in in the various country offices and the three Head Quarter Locations of New York City, Washington D.C, Nairobi. Additional growth is anticipated.
Summary of position
The Advocacy assistant will support implementation of the Regional Advocacy strategy while aligning and strengthening internal advocacy initiatives. The Assistant will support the development of policy and advocacy messages and products for internal technical teams, partners & stakeholders.
The purpose of this position is to provide Advocacy support in various projects within which will drive advocacy engagements, positioning, and visibility. The Advocacy Assistant will support projects on key thematic and policy areas as required to ensure that advocacy priorities and perspectives are integrated and amplified in ACF’s work
Advocacy Assistant will engaged internal and external stakeholders in delivery of products, research and desk reviews of policies, Communication plans and initiatives to inform ACF’s strategy.
Identify priorities and sequence Advocacy plans and activities to support transactions in order to achieve consistent and timely delivery advocacy plans & activities on products such as reports, position papers, statements and key messages for internal and external use.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Track results and commitments of policy and advocacy initiatives to advance the organization’s profile, resources, reach & capacity.
- Work closely with the Advocacy and Communications Unit to stimulate dialogue, influence policies, and promote social protection and nutrition financing.
- Coordinate with the Communications Unit to produce and share advocacy materials such as reports, talking points, position papers, statements, fact sheets and technical briefs.
- Collaborate with the Advocacy and Communications Unit to organize campaigns, events and messaging for key moments, global days and strategic engagements
- Support the technical development and monitoring of advocacy action plans for projects.
- Support advocacy trainings, follow through on action plans and actively contribute to positioning and influencing
- Support relationship building with Governments, Parliamentarians, policy and decision makers relevant to delivering advocacy objectives.
- Ensure advocacy initiatives are documented and shared, while strengthening program learning and documentation.
Required Qualifications and Professional Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Communication related Course (e.g. in PR, external communication, Journalism) or other Social Sciences related discipline.
- Minimum 4 years work experience in a Communications or Knowledge Management role or a role that involves Advocacy for an NGO.
- Experience in program or project design
Required Skills & Competencies
- Excellent research skills and desk review of advocacy policies and strategies.
- Ability to develop analytical evidence-based policy papers and reports.
- Experience in successful communication and advocacy work, preferably in international development
- Recognized capacity in translating complex information in a compelling and accessible way for non-technical audiences.
- Experience in capacity building and training
- Good writing and communication skills
- Strong Relationship building skills, ability to engage and inspire others
- Strong understanding of current lobbying and policy development landscape.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit for long periods and to concentrate on work, including typing, and turn out heavy volumes of work accurately, within short time frames in the context of a moderately noisy office with many interruptions. Must be able to proofread own work accurately so that only minor corrections are needed on an infrequent basis.
Working Conditions , Travel Requirements
- The duties of the job require regular job attendance at least five days per week. Must be available to work outside normal office hours or on the weekends if required.
- Must be able to travel as required for standard domestic and international business purposes.
- While performing the duties of this job in the field, the employee may be exposed to precarious settings under high-security risks and/or very basic living conditions and outside weather conditions, as well as infectious diseases.
Gender Equality commitments
- Fosters an environment that supports values of women and men’s equal access to information and both men and women and promoted based on their performance.
- Respects all beneficiaries e.g., women, men, children (boys & girls) regardless of gender, sex, disability, religion, etc.
- Values and respect for all cultures.
- Promotes and upholds the PSEA policy and procedures.
Our Core values.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate Action Against Hunger-USA-USA’s five core values
Respect – we work with compassion and dedication, treating everyone the same way we expect them to treat us.
Integrity – we believe that being honest and fair is integral to every aspect of our work; conducting our work with a spirit of sincerity, truthfulness and transparency is imperative.
Creativity – we encourage new ideas, embrace innovative solutions, and create opportunities for meaningful and exciting ways to do our jobs and provide solutions to address the needs of the populations we serve.
Excellence – we strive to provide services that meet, and even exceed, the expectations of our stakeholders (populations in need, staff, communities and donors).
Empowerment – we are committed to fostering an environment in which our staff, partners and communities where we work have the space to grow, develop and feel confident about participating.
Action Against Hunger Horn and East Africa Regional Office provides all staff with an attractive salary & benefits package. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status. Action Against Hunger complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button. All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated resume and both must be in the same language as this vacancy note by 22nd July 2022