Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Coca-Cola Beverages Africa is the largest African Coca-Cola bottler, accounting for 40% of all Coca-Cola volumes on the continent. CCBA is a market leader in the NARTD non-alcoholic ready to drink market in Africa. CCBA has an extensive footprint in Africa, employing over 16 000 employees.
Key Purpose Statement
The Financial Controller role is responsible for providing a high quality, efficient and optimal function for the processing of transactional activities within Financial Accounting and providing deep financial expertise and knowledge across the Financial Accounting accountabilities i.e. Assets, RTR, Accounts Payable.
The role ensures the function is optimally resourced with capable and motivated people supplying bench strength, drives short term process improvements with an eye towards longer term finance transformation improvements and manages the Tax function per CCBA strategic objectives. The FC additionally provides an integrated and optimal Balance Sheet.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Strategic leadership and ownership of the integration of the Financial Accounting, including processes, systems and tools.
- Balance Sheet and asset accounting, including budgeting and forecasting
- Plan and manage the annual and 3 year budgeting process for the Balance sheet and Capital Investment. Done in partnership with and per the timelines as per Group
- Plan and manage the balance sheet commentary and reporting process. Partner with other finance executives on the delivery of the monthly and annually group requirements
- Provide insightful, timeous financial reporting
- Review and control of balance sheet reconciliation process.
- Custodianship of the fixed asset governance process as agreed with the Governance and Risk Manager
- Manage and plan fixed asset verification and reconciliation
- Oversee completion of the financial hard close reporting requirements.
- Optimal funding
- Work with Group Treasury on FX transactions
- Cashflow management
- Procurement Operational accountability
- Manage and deliver the Accounts payable and P2P processes with the operational teams including the performance reporting and query resolution
- Specialist activities:
- Deliver the Working Capital objectives
- Manage and deliver internal control systems
- Relevant financial and taxation legislation compliance
- Ensure CCBA Treasury mandates and strategies are executed and complied with
- Tax accounting: ensuring tax mandates and strategies are executed and delivered.
- Manage stakeholders: Tax authorities, Bankers, Insurers, External auditors etc.
- Manage the performance of outsourced service providers performing activities for the financial accounting function.
- Ensuring a continuous improvement mind set throughout the business.
Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field from a recognized university.
- Must be a CPA Finalist or completed ACCA.
- 7 – 10 years relevant financial experience of which 4 must have been in a Leadership role within Finance.
- Have experience in providing strategic leadership and ownership of the integration of the Financial Accounting, including processes, systems and tools.
- Expertise in Balance Sheet and asset accounting, including budgeting and forecasting.
- Expertise in managing and delivering the Accounts payable and P2P processes with the operational teams including the performance reporting and query resolution.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Thorough understanding of financial and taxation legislation compliance.
- Experience managing policies and the chart of accounts.
- SAP FI or similar experience.
- Strong knowledge on statutory requirements.
Closing Date 2022/07/18