Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
E T Temporary – Team Assistant – Protocol
Job #: req18363
Sector: Administration/Office Support
Term Duration: 1 year 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Required Language(s): English
IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2021, IFC committed a record $31.5 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
The IFC’s Nairobi office is seeking to recruit a highly motivated Extended Term Temporary – Team Assistant (Protocol) to provide effective and efficient support to the Country Management Unit. This role will contribute to a wide range of protocol related functions in the Nairobi Hub office.
Duties and Accountabilities
• Liaising with relevant Ministries, Government Departments and IFC staff members on matters relating to the issuance of Residence /Work Permits and Entry Visa’s to Kenya.
• Process and follow up with the relevant Ministries on visa requests for staff coming from countries with no Kenya diplomatic representation.
• Build diplomatic and protocol networks for the IFC with various Government Ministries and Departments.
• Managing VIP visits including airport clearance while providing logistical support in collaboration with the administrative and security teams.
• Brief new staff members on visa and immigration requirements.
• Liaising with HR on matters relating to staff contracts and entitlements.
• Timely processing of exemption documents including Vehicle registration, Importation, Deregistration and the processing of the ProA, Pro1A, Pro1B, Pro1C, Pro D forms.
• Timely processing of shipping documentation for duty free importation of Goods.
• Timely processing of documentation for Value Added Tax Exemptions.
• Liaising with designated clearing agents to ensure the timely clearance of Bank vehicles, equipment machinery and other assets for the Country office.
• Processing Diplomatic Identification Cards.
• Processing Drivers Licenses including renewals.
• Processing Personal Identification Numbers (PIN) from the Kenya Revenue Authority.
• Processing Diplomatic License Plates or Civilian License Plates.
• Processing the staff Notification of Departure.
• Maintenance of effective management systems for information storage and tracking of documentation submitted to various Government Ministries and Department.
• Minimum of High school diploma, Bachelor’s Degree preferred with at least 2 years or more of experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Relevant work experience in a large multinational organization.
• Demonstrated proficiency in office productivity tools (including MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook).
• High degree of judgment and tact in handling, processing and communicating matters of a sensitive and confidential nature.
• High degree of motivation, initiative, flexibility and reliability.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills to interact effectively with a range of contacts internally and externally and deal effectively with diverse situations which require good judgment, tact and diplomacy.
• Proven ability to work effectively in a team-orientated, multi-cultural environment, and function as an effective team member in various groups.
• Ability to prepare reports and tracking reports of communications submitted to various government ministries and department.
• Strong written and communication skills in English.
• Ability to produce high quality work under pressure.
• Effective time management and organizational skills.
Closing Date: 7/26/2022 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Note: The selected candidate will be offered a one-year appointment, renewable for an additional one year, at the discretion of the World Bank Group, and subject to a lifetime maximum ET Appointment of two years. If an ET appointment ends before a full year, it is considered as a full year toward the lifetime maximum. Former and current ET staff who have completed all or any portion of their second-year ET appointment are not eligible for future ET appointments.