Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide and the 2020 Nobel Peace PrizeLaureate. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. In Somalia, the World Food Programme provides food assistance for nutrition, livelihoods, and relief through the hard work of more than 500 employees who contribute to making Somalia hunger free in close partnership with local partners.
Female candidates in particular, are encouraged to apply.
PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
WFP Somalia’s greatest strength is its dedicated women and men working tirelessly to reduce hunger, often under difficult conditions where security threats and risks to personal safety are considerable.
The Team ‘HR Operations’ needs a HR Associate passionate about payroll and entitlement management, Data analysis and reporting with a keen interest in putting internal customers at the center of their activities and with a high level of curiosity and initiative taking to contribute to the simplification, optimization of HR processes.
The HR Associate will report to the NOB HR Operations Team Leader under the overall leadership of the Head of HR for WFP Somalia.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive, within delegated authority):
- Prepare accurately and timely the end-to-end payroll for the locally recruited staff/employees (FT/SC/SSA) and for the interns, including payment of overtime, allowances, danger pay, salary advances/deductions and driver bonuses when applicable.
- Ensure the WINGS, Passport and other HR systems are timely updated with the changes in benefits, entitlements and salaries.
- Process the residential security reimbursement for the international staff timely.
- Provide timely information on any payroll, entitlement and pension related query. Analyze and respond to various internal and external queries through GSMT (ticketing system) to ensure that internal clients are well-informed and that HR team activities are aligned with broader WFP objectives.
- Provide a daily update to HR and management on the WFP international personnel presence in Somalia in close collaboration with the Security Focal points in the field and with the support of the HR Assistant.
- Review, provide guidance, administer and confirm the entitlements related to annual leave, special leave, R&R (rest and recuperation), home leave, maternity/paternity leave and any other absence to ensure policy compliance with the support of the HR Assistant. Record the approved leave on the master file.
- Ensure timely insertion by staff/employees of the leaves/absences/R&R in WFP’s corporate personnel data management system ‘WINGS’ via the ‘Employee Self Service’. Extract regular WINGS reports to compare data between ‘WINGS’ and Masterfile and ensure 100% consistency.
- Liaise with ICT (CO/HQ) to automate this monitoring, tracking, and reporting of presence/absence over time and any other entitlement/payroll requirement.
- Develop and deliver the HR Dashboard on a bi-annual basis with accurate and relevant HR metrics related to each HR area of work (sourcing, Talent Acquisition, Employer-Branding, LD, Performance Management, Time Management, Contract management, HR Systems, Separations, etc). Provide any other data analysis upon request and design and deliver presentations related to HR Analytics.
- Act as the HR focal point for reporting & analysis internally and within the region. Analyze and present data, reports, insights, identifying errors and advising on solutions.
- Identify evolving needs of the organization, keep abreast with HR best practices and recommend changes in HR operations, processes, and procedures, HR systems, HR reporting mechanisms to support improvements in HR services.
- Any other duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Completion of secondary school education. A university degree in Human Resources, Psychology, Business Administration, or a related field is a plus.
- Typically, 5 years or more of relevant experience in a general administration role requiring a very high level of precision, accuracy and attention to details.
- Ability to complete processes under minimal supervision.
- Interest in reviewing, optimizing, improving work processes.
- Technology savviness. Ideally, work experience working with HR software.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office package (Teams, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Proficiency and passion for analyzing and reporting data.
- Understands and applies good practices in customer service.
- Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention.
- Enthusiastic, positive and takes initiative to propose and to implement new ideas and improvements.
Fluency (level C) in English language.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Contract Duration: 1 Year (Initial)
- Multiple-Choice Assessment Date: 22nd July 2022
- Successful candidates will proceed to a written test stage which will be conducted on 26th July 2022.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications through E-Recruitment.
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WFP does not charge any application fees to candidates
Application Deadline: 20th July 2022.
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.