Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Access Afya is a social enterprise based in Nairobi that delivers primary healthcare to the poorest communities living in informal settlements. We take a chain of low-cost micro-clinics as anchors to our model, with a mobile field health team that reaches people in the places where they already spend their time – such as schools and factories.
Access Afya is growing and we are looking to bring on board the best and brightest people to join our team. Our team is bound together by a common, compelling purpose to redefine how people everywhere can access healthcare, and living our shared values of self-drive, integrity, resilience, reliability and empathy.
About the Role
We are looking for a Data Platform Engineer to come in and work directly with the Head of Product, internal teams and external partners to help us build a futuristic health tech platform currently focused on delivering quality care to underserved urban communities. The data platform engineer will be building data pipelines to pool information from different source systems, transforming, cleansing, integrating and structuring it for use in analytics and machine learning. An ideal data platform engineer is one who has experience setting up a data platform infrastructure and also has a decent understanding of data science concepts.
- Collaboratively design and implement a stable and efficient data platform for data analysis and machine learning
- Build and deploy data platform infrastructure apps and machine learning algorithms,
- Build services for data access in client apps,
- Ensure availability of data and platform services,
- Collaborate with other product engineers to make sure platform services meet product needs
- Participate in weekly brainstorming sessions focused on improving business services, product and engineering
Job Specifications/ Qualifications
- B.Sc. Computer Science or related role in Engineering, Mathematics or Statistics,
- Experience writing Java/ Scala and Python
- Experience working with SQL Databases and Document Databases e.g. MongoDB
- Experience working with data at scale using Kafka, MapReduce, Solr, Pig, Spark
- Growth mindset. See challenges as learning opportunities and have a can-do attitude
Required relevant work experience: 2 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
How to Apply
Send your resume and cover letter highlighting your experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Candidates need not have all have all the qualifications to apply