Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Access Afya is a social enterprise based in Nairobi that delivers primary healthcare to the poorest communities living in informal settlements. We take a chain of low-cost micro-clinics as anchors to our model, with a mobile field health team that reaches people in the places where they already spend their time – such as schools and factories.
Access Afya is growing and we are looking to bring on board the best and brightest people to join our team. Our team is bound together by a common, compelling purpose to redefine how people everywhere can access healthcare, and living our shared values of self-drive, integrity, resilience, reliability and empathy.
About the Role
● Collaborate with product designer and platform engineers in translating product designs into functional and usable product features.
● Write readable and testable code inline with company-wide coding style configured in linters.
● Write automated tests for all code written with good coverage percentage. Improve coverage over time for code with less coverage
● Ensure new features are continuously shipped. Automate this over time with appropriate CI/ CD tooling.
● Monitor deployed product for errors and act appropriately to make sure all deployed features are not crashing in production. Fix errors in production as soon as they are identified.
● Collaborate with platform engineers to make sure platform services meet product needs.
● Participate in weekly brainstorming sessions focused on improving business services, product and engineering.
Job Specifications/ Qualifications
● B.Sc. Computer Science, Mathematics or Statistics, or related experience in Software Engineering
● Experience working with GraphQL and RESTful APIs
● Experience building applications in React using custom tooling for SPAs or related SSR frameworks.
● Experience using application state management tools (redux preferred) or alternative but performant approaches.
● Experience building Progressive Web Apps in React and implementation of related caching strategies as needed for various features of the app.
● Experience build API in REST or GraphQL (preferred)
● Growth mindset. See challenges as learning opportunities and have a can-do attitude
Required education: Bachelors degree
Required relevant work experience: 2 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
How to Apply
Send your resume and cover letter (not required) highlighting your experience to email@example.com
Note: Candidates need not have all have all the qualifications to apply.