Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
AlphaMundi Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization headquartered in Washington, DC,1 with a broad mission to catalyze and scale investment in climate smart, small and medium enterprises (SMEs). The Foundation was started in 2016 by AlphaMundi Group (AMG), an impact investing firm established in 2007 and headquartered in Switzerland, with additional
offices in Nairobi, Bogota, and Washington, DC. AMG is dedicated to impact investing, i.e., profitable investments that generate measurable and substantial benefits to society and the environment, through its private debt fund, SocialAlpha domiciled in Luxembourg, its private debt and equity fund, AlphaJiri, domiciled in Mauritius, and various co-investment mandates.
Since 2009, AMG has invested more than USD 100M in 54 social businesses across 15 countries in Latin America and sub-Saharan Africa. The AMG Nairobi office opened in 2015 and comprises a team of 7 full-time employees, including 3 executives, 3 investment officers, and a junior analyst.
AlphaMundi Foundation (AMF) is revamping its corporate strategy to focus on developing and delivering catalytic blended finance solutions to SMEs in Africa and Latin America to strengthen their investment readiness. AMF will target SMEs that adopt climate smart strategies in their operations, while promoting gender equality and inclusion internally and in their external engagements with customers and suppliers. AMF believes that by de-risking
SMEs and helping them strengthen their commercial viability, more SMEs will be able to raise private investment with which they will be able to grow and scale their operations. This will subsequently create additional benefits to local communities through sustainable job creation, income generation, enhanced products and services for women, and positive environmental externalities. The Foundation ultimately aims to contribute towards the
attainment of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), especially, affordable, and clean energy; decent work and economic growth; no poverty; reduced inequalities; and gender equality.
AMF has historically supported SMEs operating in the sustainable food and agriculture, renewable energy, and the energy/agriculture sectors in East Africa. Its main activities have included:
1. Technical Assistance (TA): AlphaMundi’s TA often includes activities related to governance and management systems, financial planning and fundraising, and supply distribution.
1 The Foundation’s HQ is being moved to Kenya in 2022. The goal of TA has been to build capacity in organizations to catalyse private sector investment and thereby help SMEs scale.
2. Gender Lens Investment: AlphaMundi Foundation is a pioneer and thought leader in embedding gender lens investment across business and investment operations. AMF has worked to embed gender equity principles into the DNA of SMEs at an early stage, while supporting companies as the grow with enhanced financial and social returns.
3. Field Building: AlphaMundi Foundation is actively and openly contributing to the emergence of standardized practices that will help scale the impact investing industry.
AMF is now at an inflection point with a new leadership team and an enhanced strategic direction. The Foundation therefore seeks a dynamic media relations and digital media expert with direct experience in strategic communications to help redefine its brand.
The role will report to the Executive Director and will be responsible for developing and leading implementation of the new corporate communications strategy. The Comms Lead will seek to strengthen internal and external communications and improve AMF’s brand recognition globally. The role is based in Nairobi, Kenya, although remote work will be considered for the ideal candidate.
The Comms Lead will craft an effective plan to promote AMF’s profile through integrated communications strategies, build relationships with relevant media houses, design and publish regular newsletters, reports, and other marketing materials, write compelling speeches, draft presentation materials, and ensure strong media coverage for AMF. The role requires strong emotional intelligence, maturity, and good judgment in juggling competing priorities and ensuring appropriate messaging in AMF communications.
The Comms Lead will be responsible for delivering the following:
• A comprehensive Strategic Communications Plan.
• A Style Guide for the organization.
• Branding and marketing materials and advising on placement.
• Supporting the ED and team with messaging, writing pitches, creating presentations, and other strategic communications.
• Supporting the development of thought-leadership in gender-lens investing for climate sustainability globally.
• Developing reporting guidelines for engagement with beneficiary SMEs.
• Supporting the ED and team with donor reporting.
• Creating AMF’s Annual Report.
• Managing the Foundation’s social media engagement and posts.
• All other relevant tasks that may be assigned.
• An excellent command of English grammar.
• Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
• Deep understanding of the media and communications landscape, with a track record of generating and copy-editing communications products.
• Proficiency in communications product design, including layout, graphics, and formal/legal requirements.
• Experience in managing and updating content across media platforms, including traditional and social media outlets.
• A self-starter who can readily develop quick drafts and edit over multiple iterations to perfect communications.
• Technologically savvy and results driven.
• Excellent skills in stakeholder management, networking, and relationship-building.
• Ability to multi-task without missing deadlines.
• Integrity, credibility, and commitment to getting the job done.
Experience and Qualifications:
• At least 8 years of writing and communications management experience, with a track record of producing clear, concise, and accessible communication products.
• Master’s degree in Business Communications, Digital Media, or Marketing from an accredited university.
• Strong aptitude for managing multiple workstreams simultaneously.
• Outstanding organizational skills including the ability to set priorities, develop work plans towards multiple goals, monitor progress and track details on information and activities, and be held accountable by the ED.
• Strong interpersonal skills with good aptitude for pro-active communication and transparency, patience, and perseverance.
• Ability to excel and maintain a positive attitude in a high-performing, fast-paced environment, while managing multiple activities under tight deadlines.
To apply for this position please submit a single pdf including both a Cover Letter and CV indicating your relevant skills and experience for this role, as well as a presentation of no more than two slides summarizing AMF’s Theory of Change to email@example.com.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with a candidate ideally starting as soon as August 2022. The role will be for an initial 6-month period and will be extended based on satisfactory performance.
Only candidates whose background fits the above profile will be contacted for interviews. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.