Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Title: Internal Communications Manager
Closing Date :5 Sep 2022
Job Description: Maximize your potential. Tackle the world’s toughest problems. Build expertise in areas that matter to you. Become a global development leader.
We are a global group working to build a more inclusive and sustainable world where all people, everywhere, can reach their fullest potential. We partner with and serve communities, governments, and companies throughout the world, providing an innovative mix of advisory, investment, research, analytics, and design services. Today’s complex global problems require new solutions. Comprised of Dalberg Advisors, Dalberg Data Insights, Dalberg Design, Dalberg Implement, Dalberg Media, and Dalberg Research; our businesses approach problems differently and work together to create impact at scale. We are from everywhere, at home anywhere – an African and American company as much as an Asian, Latin American, Middle Eastern, and European one.
Dalberg is a place where a diverse mix of talented individuals are able to bring their authentic selves to work – whether it’s how you identify, where you come from, the languages you speak, the person you love, or the way you worship. Dalberg is a home where people feel safe, understood, nurtured, and encouraged to grow.
As a team of 700+ people from 55 countries, speaking over 90 languages collectively, with a 40% female leadership team, Dalberg places diversity, equity, and inclusion principles at the heart of our organization and the work we do alongside our clients, partners, and communities.
Established in 2001 by experienced private sector consultants, Dalberg operates from 29 worldwide locations. For more information, please visit Dalberg.
You are deeply passionate about the Communications field generally and internal communications specifically. Well-versed in both business and cultural conversations, you are also familiar with the international development and social impact sectors as well as internal communications best practices.
In parallel, you have a demonstrated track record managing an internal communications function as well as spearheading initiatives that drive internal engagement and collaboration in line with broader organizational strategies and goals. You are a global thinker and collaborator with a keen eye for design, possess excellent short- and long-form writing skills, and are able to comfortably switch between quick, punchy copywriting and longer-form pieces.
Sound judgment, excellent stakeholder engagement skills, and an ability to write compelling stories define the way you approach your work, along with a deep curiosity about what makes ideas spread. You thrive in pilot mode, with an inherent desire to prototype and iterate until an effective solution is reached.
- Internal Communications Experience
- 7-10 years of experience working in an internal communications role with a background that includes leading all aspects of an internal newsletter (e.g., editorial, design, and production)
- Experience identifying, sourcing, writing, and editing nuanced, on-brand content for service-oriented organizations or brands
- Experience developing and executing against an editorial calendar developed in collaboration with senior stakeholders
- Experience with design tools such as InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Canva, or Figma preferred
- Deep knowledge of internal communications best practices and trends preferred
- Communications experience
- Strong written and editorial skills across multiple formats, including impeccable English grammar and editing skills, and a sharp editorial eye
- Familiarity with issues in the international development and social impact sectors
- Demonstrate professionalism, sound judgment, and strong alignment with Dalberg’s mission
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail, with the ability to work independently under tight deadlines
- Experience and confidence interacting with senior stakeholders
- Experience in the Social Impact and/or International Development Sector
- Demonstrated passion for development-related issues, including economic development, public health, education, and environmental topics
- Acute sensitivity to the evolving political and cultural environment of international public agencies and other complex organizations
- Awareness of news cycles related to the development space
- Experience working in small or large organizations and agency experience
- Experience living and working in different cultures (time spent in developing countries strongly preferred)
- Multiple language skills (In addition to English mastery, French and/or Spanish proficiency are also preferred)
Note: Employment in all the Dalberg offices is conditional on the candidate having or obtaining the requisite authorization to live and work in that country.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
The Internal Communications Manager at Dalberg will help build and grow Dalberg’s internal communications capabilities with the goal of strengthening our “One Dalberg” culture across 29+ offices and more than 700 staff. Your primary responsibilities will include developing and managing an internal newsletter that keeps staff informed and inspired on issues ranging from our latest project work and ideas to organizational updates, to celebrating staff achievements. Another primary responsibility will be to support the roll-out of new strategic initiatives internally.
You will also be responsible for helping build new processes and infrastructure that drive streamlined internal communication and collaboration, providing editorial support for communications from senior leaders, and collaborating with regional and business heads on internal communications-related matters and best practices
As part of the Global Strategic Communications Group, this role will support all business units within the Dalberg Group and report to the Senior Manager of the group.
- Serve as the day-to-day lead for Dalberg’s internal communications activities including an internal newsletter, rolling out new strategic initiatives internally, and other communications products designed for all staff
- Support the development and refinement of Dalberg’s internal communications strategy in collaboration with senior Dalberg leaders
- Identify and develop visuals and graphics for social media posts in close collaboration with in-house and external graphic designers
- Analytics reporting as part of daily, weekly, and monthly workflow
- Work in close collaboration with the global comms editorial team and a network of select contractors
ABOUT OUR CLIENTS
Our clients come to us with some of the most difficult global problems, seeking solutions where the obvious ones have failed. We are entrepreneurs and innovators, designers and creative problem solvers, thinkers, and doers who supply new ideas, drawing from a deep base of knowledge that cuts across sectors and geographies and is growing every day. We partner with and serve communities, governments, and companies throughout the world. Some of our recent clients include foundations such as the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, corporations such as Pepsi and Vodafone, multilateral institutions such as the World Bank and the Inter-American Development Bank, UN Agencies such as UNICEF and the UNEP, and government agencies such as DFID and the Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency.
JOIN OUR TEAM
This position can be based out of any of Dalberg’s global offices Abidjan, Abu Dhabi, Addis Ababa, Brussels, Copenhagen, Dakar, Dar es Salaam, Geneva, Johannesburg, Kigali, Lagos, London, Mexico City, Mumbai, Nairobi, New Delhi, New York, San Francisco, Singapore, and Washington D.C.
Depending on the candidate, this role may either be full-time or part-time.
Please submit your application at our Career Centre, by 11:59 ET on 05 September 2022. During the same recruitment period, please only apply to one position at Dalberg. This position should be the role best suited to your current professional experience and to your first preference location.
Your application should include the following:
- Cover letter
- 4-5 writing samples with brief contextual background included for each example (examples ideally highlight newsletter experience, past internal communications examples, and/or process outlines)
Candidate applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Candidates selected for interviews will be invited for several interviews to test editorial and conceptual thinking skills through editorially focused questions and to discuss interests and experience. A candidate’s specific title and level of entry will be assessed during the interview process.