Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reference Number: AS-N-13-7-22
Employment Type: Full time
Category: Accountancy and Finance
Job Grade: 4.01
This role is responsible for maintaining petty cash, fixed asset register and store management.
REPORTS TO: Senior Accountant – Nairobi
DIRECT REPORTS: None
BUDGET AND RESOURCE RESPONSIBILITY: Managing the Nairobi Petty Cash in KES, USD and GBP
- Initiate and make petty cash payments and ensure all payments are approved before disbursement of cash.
- Organise cash collection from the bank as required and order foreign currency from the bank in good time so that Programme activities are not disrupted
- Manage petty cash, carry out daily reconciliations and generate daily reports for review and approval by the Assistant Accountant, update FMS cash books as necessary.
- Report overs or under daily following daily reconciliations and checks.
- Requisition petty cash and cheque books as needed and replenish the petty cash floats for various floats used by the Cash Office.
- Ensure that all monies for banking are balanced and ready for encashment when required and that they are posted in FMS with relevant coding; all other monies must be always locked in the safe.
- Organise Cash requests for travel and fieldwork when required
- Maintaining the cheque register
- Custodian of Nairobi stores
- Ensure that timely issue of store items to various user departments of the organization, based on duly approved internal requisition documents
- Ensure accuracy and no variances are reported during stock checks
Fixed Asset Management
- Maintain, update and keep custody of fixed asset register for the Nairobi Unit
- Keep Custody of the asset transfer forms and disposal forms
- Update the Asset register with additions and disposal.
- Send email on assets lists to be insured.
- Ensuring all new assets are tagged as received.
- Liaising with Kilifi Fixed Asset accountant and ensure the register is aligned.
- Ensure that any staff advances are signed at the time of receipt and posted in respective staff accounts
- Carry out staff account reconciliations for Nairobi office and clearance of balances by initiating payments or sending reminders where applicable.
- To process and close Staff Travel Requisitions and travel claims in FMS
- Provide support in procurement and sits in as cover for procurement assistant
- Liaising with procurement assistant on reorder levels and ordering store items.
- Provide support in processing of Invoices/payments including staff accounts, taxi, utilities, mileage, photocopy etc
- Assists in Supplier reconciliations when required.
- Sits in as cover for Assistant Accountant when required.
- Maintaining the journal voucher listing
Other Accounts and Administrative Duties
- Filing of documents and organising for archiving of files and documents
- Saving all necessary documents online in shared folders sequential as required
- Retrieval of documents for Audit purposes when required
- Maintaining the finance delivery book.
- And any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- CPA II or ACCA II
- At least Three years accounting experience
- Data entry and records maintenance skills
- Bookkeeping and accounting skills
- Ability to use accounting packages and MS Excel
- Demonstrate high levels of integrity and confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Organizational, planning and administrative skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Teamwork with the ability to work diverse teams
To apply for this post you must be a registered user. Log into your account then go to Vacancies, view the post and click on the button: “Apply for this job”.
All applicants are required to state their current/last salary.
Candidates must supply an email and telephone contact that will be used when offering interviews. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce ORIGINALS of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates, original transcripts and testimonials, detailed curriculum vitae and valid clearance certificate (certificate of good conduct) during the interviews.
The application closing date is 27th July 2022
KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) is an equal opportunity employer. Direct or indirect canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. KWTRP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).