Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reference Number: AA-N-13-7-2022
Employment Type: Full time
Category: Accountancy and Finance
Job Grade: 5.01
This role is responsible for maintaining Payables, staff Accounts, Grants management etc
REPORTS TO: Senior Accountant – Nairobi
Direct reports: None
BUDGET AND RESOURCE RESPONSIBILITY: Managing the Nairobi Cash and Bank in KES, USD and GBP and Inventories
General Ledger Update
- Posting of Supplier Invoices, staff advances, journal entries, grant receipting.
- Processing of Invoices/payments including Suppliers, Rent, staff accounts, taxi, utilities, mileage, photocopy etc
- Correct coding of Invoices to the right GL code and grants.
- Ensuring the payments have relevant supporting documents as per requirements before forwarding for approval.
- Preparing the payment journals for the GL and Bank to be updated
- Preparing Supplier reconciliations on monthly basis
- Maintaining the journal voucher listing
- Approving payments as and when required
- Managing the 3rd party payments and reconciliations to Subcontracted funders and reconciliation of the balances on monthly basis, this include KPA, ESSACIPAC e.t.c
- Online Banking
- Preparing Payments of all Invoices that are due to Suppliers and Staff on time
- Preparing reconciliation for all Bank accounts and credit card on time
- Monitoring Bank balances and requesting for top ups when required.
- Overseeing the daily cash counts and ensuring amount tallies with Cash balances and reporting any deficits/shots
- Acting as Cashier cover when required
- Ensure that any staff advances are signed at the time of receipt and posted in respective staff accounts
- Carry out staff account reconciliations for Nairobi office and clearance of balances by initiating payments or sending reminders where applicable.
- To process and close Staff Travel Requisitions and travel claims in FMS
- Monthly preparation of grant reports inline with donor requirements and Institutional policies
- Ensuring that reports are signed, email sent to PI’s and the same filed in respective files.
- Raising of Invoices to request funds from funders.
- Posting of stock requisition sheets in the ledger
- Participating in stock takes when required.
Other Accounts and Administrative Duties
- Filing of documents and organising for archiving of files and documents
- Assisting on fixed assets, count, tagging, recording.
- Saving all necessary documents online in shared folders sequential as required
- Retrieval of documents for Audit purposes when required
- Maintaining the finance delivery book.
- And any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Bcom or related field from a recognised institution.
- CPA I or CPA II qualified accountant and registered with ICPAK.
- A Minimum of three-years’ experience in accounting
- Data entry and records maintenance skills
- Bookkeeping and accounting skills
- Previous experience in purchase to pay
- Ability to use accounting packages and MS Excel
- Demonstrate high levels of integrity and confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Organizational, planning and administrative skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Teamwork with the ability to work diverse teams
To apply for this post you must be a registered user. Log into your account then go to Vacancies, view the post and click on the button: “Apply for this job”.
All applicants are required to state their current/last salary.
Candidates must supply an email and telephone contact that will be used when offering interviews. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce ORIGINALS of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates, original transcripts and testimonials, detailed curriculum vitae and valid clearance certificate (certificate of good conduct) during the interviews.
The application closing date is 27th July 2022
KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) is an equal opportunity employer. Direct or indirect canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. KWTRP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).