Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reference Number: PEO-13-7-2022
Employment Type: Full time
Category: Policy Engagement and Research update
Job Grade: 6.01
To support the KEMRI-Wellcome Trust research Programme to develop and implement a policy engagement and research uptake strategy.
REPORTS TO: Nairobi Programme Director
INDIRECTLY REPORTS TO: PI’s
INDIRECTLY SUPERVISES: None
BUDGET AND RESOURCE RESPONSIBILITY: None
JOB DIMENSIONS: Lead the design and implementation of a policy engagement and research uptake strategy at KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme (“the programme”).
- Work with programme scientists to map policy stakeholders relevant to the programme’s work, and develop a policy engagement strategy aimed at these stakeholders
- Lead the implementation of the programmes policy engagement strategy
- Work with identified stakeholders to map local and international policy engagement spaces (e.g. meetings, technical working groups, policy development processes) identify relevant engagement spaces, and facilitate programme’s engagement in these spaces
- Engage proactively with local, regional and international stakeholders, through dissemination of key results, organization of formal and informal exchanges, and ensuring needs and priorities as identified by policy makers feed into research processes
- Expand the programme’s policy links through the establishment of contact with relevant national and sub-national policymakers and regional/international networks.
- In consultation with the programme scientists, develop and implement plans for the synthesis, dissemination and uptake of research amongst key stakeholders, both nationally and internationally
- Support programme researchers in the development and implementation of research uptake plans for specific research projects
- Identify and pursue opportunities to promote programme research; facilitating and contributing to the use of research evidence by policy-makers, practitioners and other stakeholders
- Develop and disseminate user friendly/lay research uptake materials – Policy briefs, Research briefs, infographics, podcasts, videocasts etc
- Develop research dissemination content for the programme’s website – news stories, research bulletins, etc.
- A first degree in Public health, Health policy, Public relations, Public policy, Journalism, Communications or related field;
- A relevant Master’s degree (e.g. Public health, Health policy, Public policy, Science communication, Policing and Governance) will be an added advantage
- At least 3 years’ relevant experience preferably in a health research or health development institution and handling key roles in policy engagement, science communication, or research uptake.
- Experience in designing multimedia research dissemination outputs (e.g. Policy briefs, infographics, podcasts, short videos and other web-based materials)
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English
- Graphics and web design skills
Office based and Willingness to travel occasionally travel locally and Internationally
Requires flexibility in the hours worked, with the priority being meeting the team’s research goals
To apply for this post you must be a registered user. Log into your account then go to Vacancies, view the post and click on the button: “Apply for this job”.
All applicants are required to state their current/last salary.
Candidates must supply an email and telephone contact that will be used when offering interviews. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce ORIGINALS of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates, original transcripts and testimonials, detailed curriculum vitae and valid clearance certificate (certificate of good conduct) during the interviews.
The application closing date is 27th July 2022
KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) is an equal opportunity employer. Direct or indirect canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. KWTRP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).