Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
The Kenya Meat Commission (KMC) was formed in 1950 through an act of parliament with an objective of providing a ready market for livestock farmers and providing high- quality meat and meat products to consumers. It is a public institution and by far the oldest and the most experienced meat processor in Kenya and the larger East African region.
Kenya Meat Commission invites applications from self-motivated and qualified candidate for the vacancy in its establishment. The particulars of the vacancy are as indicated hereunder.
1.1 SENIOR INTERNAL AUDITOR, JOB GRADE – KMC 5
a) Job Specification:
Reporting to Manager, Internal Auditor
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Implementing policies, procedures, frameworks, strategies, plans, legislations, standards and regulations and audit;
• Implementing fraud investigation and anti-corruption guidelines;
• Conducting risk-based, value-for-money and systems audits in the Commission;
• Carrying out audit inspections of Commission’s records;
• Preparing documents and taking minutes of the risk and audit committee of the Commission;
• Carrying out investigations when there are indicators of fraudulent practices within the Commission;
• Carrying out audit follow-ups on implementation of recommendations of audit reports; and
• Analyzing data and compiling audit reports.
(b) Personal Specifications:
The ideal candidate must possess the following:
• Served in the grade of Internal Auditor for a minimum period four (4) years or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service;
• Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Statistics, Economics or any other relevant qualification from a recognized institution;
• Be in possession of any of the following: Certified Public Accountants (CPA -K), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Association of Certified Chartered Accountant (ACCA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certificate in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC), Certification in Risk Management Assurance (CRMA) or its equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution;
• Membership to Institute of Certified Public Accountants Kenya (ICPAK), Institute of Internal Auditors, Kenya (IIA) or relevant professional body in good standing;
• Proficiency in computer application skills;
• Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the constitution; and
• Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
All applicants should have certificates of good conduct, compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority, registered Credit Reference Bureau and Higher Education Loans Board.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications enclosing detailed curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates, testimonials and names and addresses of three referees and indicating their current and expected salary so as to reach the undersigned not later than 28 July 2022. The envelope should be marked “CONFIDENTIAL” and indicate the REFERENCE NUMBER of the position applied for and be addressed to:
Kenya Meat Commission
P.O. Box 2 – 00204
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kenya Meat Commission is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Canvassing will result in automatic disqualification.