Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Are you a self-driven, highly motivated professional looking for an opportunity to jumpstart your career in the world of financial markets? This position presents you with the opportunity to drive business performance, with a focus on revenue-generating initiatives through increasing sales efforts and widening the KSL’s product range, assessing new opportunities, and facilitating entry into new markets.
Reporting to the MD & CEO, Kingdom Securities Ltd, the role holder will be responsible for sourcing, directing, and participating in growth activities to support the business objectives and mission for KSL to be the choice stockbroker for unprecedented access to the Kenyan market and enable KSL to capture significant market share and maximize profitability. The role holder will also be responsible for the development of trading strategies and improvement plans, coverage of local and international clients, trading of both equity and fixed income products and management of the trading team.
Specifically, the successful jobholder will be required to:
- Formulate sales and marketing strategies and campaigns, especially those targeting potential foreign investors.
- Prepare and present proposals aimed at sourcing business from existing and new clients.
- Build & maintain strategic alliances for business growth.
- Develop and manage relationships with local and foreign institutional investors.
- Effective daily sales management through a calling program – Schedule, book and attend all business meetings (physical and virtual) with new and existing clients as well as the companies they are invested in or wish to invest in.
- Work with various teams to advise investors on opportunities in Kenya.
- Work closely with research teams by collecting and analyzing data from roadshow meetings to deliver actionable investment research and corporate access.
- Take charge of the corporate desk’s client base as their contact person by providing them with the necessary reports to aid their investment decision-making.
- Advise institutional and international clients on trading strategies to optimize trade execution and minimize the market impact of large trades.
- Source block trades from international and institutional clients as well as the local market and ensure efficient execution while mitigating trade execution risk.
- Conduct conference calls between clients and Company’s Management as well as Research Analysts.
- Represent KSL in conferences, webinars, and other networking events as the salesperson and follow through for business with contacts made.
- Keep clients updated with current news and trends in the market.
- Establish and manage relationships with other market players in the industry mainly licensed members of the Nairobi Securities Exchange, Fund Managers, and Custodians.
- Spearhead market development and market-making products which will lead to an increase in KSL’s popularity with investors in Kenya.
- Oversee teams tasked with sales activities
- Strictly adhere to all regulations, standards, practices and all internal processes and procedures as per the relevant manuals and comply with all relevant external legislation and regulations most notably CMA, NSE, CDSC and Anti Money Laundering requirements.
Skills, Competencies and Experience
The successful candidate will be required to have the following skills and competencies:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field from a recognized university with at least five years’ experience in a sales role.
- Professional qualifications in the investment field (e.g CISI, CFA, ICIFA) will be added advantage.
- Good knowledge of Capital Markets regulations and NSE trading participant rules.
- Result-driven with a track record of demonstrable networking, selling, and influencing skills as well as the ability to identify and mine new opportunities.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with the ability to collaborate and develop strong business relations.
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated competencies in championing high-performance management.
- Excellent planning and organization skills as well as excellent communication with the ability to set and meet stretch targets and strict deadlines.
How to apply
If you meet the role, qualifications, and person profile and you are interested in taking on an exciting opportunity to add value to your career, send your detailed Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org by 22nd July, 2022. Please quote this reference on your application and on the subject line of your email as CSTH/KSL/2022.
We are an equal opportunity employer.